Penalty Charge Notices (PCN)

How do people get away with these fines. We have one bloke who parks his car outside our works (everyday he comes and goes). He gets one ticket a day, cos he wont pay in bay, or parks in a No Parking Zone (Pedestrian way). He has had a total of 31 tickets up to now, cos the attendant has told us, he is a persistent offender. He comes back to his car rips the notice off his screen, screws it up and throws it on the floor.

If it's on council land and a council-issued PCN then it's legally clear and he will likely get his comeuppance.

On private land it's a bit greyer. Attempts to charge him (PCN-style) are legally challengable - he has no contract with the landowner that sets out terms, landowner would have to demonstrate the loss the driver was causing. The hassle of going to court is probably preventing action. On the other hand, the landowner (with appropriate licence, warning...) can clamp or remove the vehicle from private land. This would probably inspire the driver to find a new place to park.

Go on Dixon lane in town and see it happen all the time, mostly foreigners by the look of them. A trick is buy cars with a bit of tax on them don't change the ownership or insure it and park where you like.

And before anyone asks what foreiners look like go in town and se for yourself, car auctions are also flooded with them buying old bangers up.

The biggest clue is when they start talking to each other in a foreign language.

Edited by alex3659

If it's on council land and a council-issued PCN then it's legally clear and he will likely get his comeuppance.

On private land it's a bit greyer. Attempts to charge him (PCN-style) are legally challengable - he has no contract with the landowner that sets out terms, landowner would have to demonstrate the loss the driver was causing. The hassle of going to court is probably preventing action. On the other hand, the landowner (with appropriate licence, warning...) can clamp or remove the vehicle from private land. This would probably inspire the driver to find a new place to park.

It's actually outside Browns near the Peace Gardens. Tax till next year. Looks an arrogant sort of person though.

Go on Dixon lane in town and see it happen all the time, mostly foreigners by the look of them. A trick is buy cars with a bit of tax on them don't change the ownership or insure it and park where you like.

And before anyone asks what foreiners look like go in town and se for yourself, car auctions are also flooded with them buying old bangers up.

The biggest clue is when they start talking to each other in a foreign language.

Yes alex, but is it relevant to the act of illegal parking?

Drive down Clarkehouse Road (about now) and the illegal parkers are mainly white folks collecting their children from the nearby private schools, but highlighting that fact isn't relevant to what they're doing.

Yes alex, but is it relevant to the act of illegal parking?
It's relevant to illegal motoring activity including parking. Lots of migrant workers (and a few migrant spongers too I would guess) take this route to economical, zero insurance, penalty notice-free UK motoring. If possible, they try to get the log book rather than the seller posting the portions off transferring ownership, so the previous owner's details don't get transferred from the car, or they provide bogus details. At the very least they get a car that is taxed for a good few months. You know it as I do.

Drive down Clarkehouse Road (about now) and the illegal parkers are mainly white folks collecting their children from the nearby private schools, but highlighting that fact isn't relevant to what they're doing.
I do love the way you use the term 'white folks'.

It's relevant to illegal motoring activity including parking. Lots of migrant workers (and a few migrant spongers too I would guess) take this route to economical, zero insurance, penalty notice-free UK motoring. .
Wow, leaping to a whole heap of conclusions there aren't we Conny? I guess a lot of British people (white and black folks), take this route to penalty free motoring too?

I do love the way you use the term 'white folks'.

It's said in a slightly subservient tone, I know how some of you get hot and flustered with how non whites sometimes describe you. ;):hihi:

I can't see where I mentioned the colour of anyone in my post.

Wow, leaping to a whole heap of conclusions there aren't we Conny? I guess a lot of British people (white and black folks), take this route to penalty free motoring too?

It's said in a slightly subservient tone, I know how some of you get hot and flustered with how non whites sometimes describe you. ;):hihi:

I prefer to be addressed as "massa".