Anyone used these guys before

Why can't his/her own solicitor help? Plus: if he/she has legal expenses insurance, ask the insurer for advice.

he hasnt got insurance, he's new to the tenancy business. I have told him to instruct these guys but just wandered if anyone has used them?

I use them for tenant verification and rent insurance. For me to get rent insurance which covers loss of rent and legal costs the tenant has to be verified and have a clear credit history. Even on housing benefit they would fail the affordability test as its the benefit income what is considered not the housing benefit so a guarantor is required. The guarantor also needs to be verified and pass the credit and affordability check. If the tenant defaults it the guarantor the insurance company goes for. Well worth having for about £120 per year.

It is surprising how many tenants cannot find a guarantor or have a bad credit history, which is a pity because I have had to turn away what appears to be some really nice people. It is because of problems I know what landlords like the above have had what makes you have to take such measures but there again If you asked for a loan with repayments of £500 per month the bank would insist on the same checks wouldn't they?

tell him or her to go & see the dhss they will suspend there payments & pay them direct if they are more than 8 weeks in arrears hope this helps

he has done that tomd but they wont correspond with him as they are saying its confidential, the council are not even bothered!

When you sign up a HB tenant you have to tell them to give permission to the HB people to be able to speak to them. Write it into the contract. Otherwise the HB will not speak to you.

Email the HB people and explain that they are now over 8 weeks in arrears and you are going to serve eviction notices. They might then act as they don't more homeless to deal with, it cost them a mint!

If I was in your position then yes it would be Legal4landlords.

if he has a contract they should

ye, he does have a tenancy agreement

they are getting housing benefit and not passing it onto the landlord

they are getting housing benefit and not passing it onto the landlord

From the council?