What do you use to get your meat minced?

Hello,anyone knows how to get your meat minced in home, blender,foodprocessor or something else?

Really don't like the mince meat bought from fupermarket. I don't know what they put in their mince machine. So,I am trying to make my own mince meat. Do anyone have a good advice?

Many thanks

Just use my food processor it works fine:)

Thank you for your quick reply.:lol:

I tried blender. The meat always sticks to the inside wall and the blade can't reach it.

I take that you mean the food processor doesn't have the same problem. Right?

The major issue with doing it in a food processor is the amount that you try to do at the same time. Too little and the meat sticks to the outside or is just pushed around the bowl by the blade without cutting into it, too much and the blades can't reach it all, so the key is to find the right amount for your processor bowl, and that may include doing it in more than one batch.

You also need to be sure that the blade is sharp enough, as years of chopping ice cubes (or whatever) can leave a blade that won't cut into chunks of meat at all.

My Spong mincer does a good job though like me it's old and old fashioned.

You can get a hand mincer that clamps to a work surface and will do the job well, i think they cost about a tenner.

You can get a hand mincer that clamps to a work surface and will do the job well, i think they cost about a tenner.

Yes they are very good my grandma always used one :)

I had a hand mincer before,and I can't use it in my new kitchen. I just can't find any where to clamp it to properly and will not damage the kitchen unit.

I may go to Comet have a look about the food prossesor.

thank you every body:lol:

Buy your mince from a proper butcher, Kempka on Abbeydale Road for example, he minces the meat while you wait and you can have a mix of beef and pork which makes for the most wonderfully juicy, moist meatballs and burgers.

I use a garden rake and a floor cushion.