Starting my own business but no pitches available anywhere!

The thing is burgers appeal to everyone- especially (in B&Q's case) the builder's trade.

What I'm selling won't really appeal to that segment, bar the coffees!

What have the other local authorities said about working there?

How about Surprise View car park, circa 500 yards past Toads Mouth?

What have the other local authorities said about working there?

Do you mean highways and the likes? They have no issues.

No, I meant Rotherham, Barnsley, Chesterfield...

haven't tried these- Chesterfield is a good suggestion!

Corporate and/or outdoor events would be the way to go. Failing that car boot sales ? The one at oldcotes is vast - they might be able to fit you in !!

Corporate and/or outdoor events would be the way to go. Failing that car boot sales ? The one at oldcotes is vast - they might be able to fit you in !!

Corpororate events? And where's oldcotes?

Oldcotes is in erm oldcotes, north of Worksop and south of Doncaster, fields and fields of both trade and private. Now the corporate event is a harder nut to crack - think of a large corporate fun day, they often have higher end outdoor catering particularly in the summer but also on occasion on big christmas jobs. Very hard to get into, best way would be to get hold of some event organisers who offer that sort of thing and see if they can help. You will need to travel nationwide though.

it seems the council are not doing a good job then.

I wonder what you would find in the town hall car park :roll:

The Town Hall doesn't have a car park at all now. There is a tiny inner courtyard which the mail van can reverse into and drive out (no space to turn around) and that is it

Why not try outside a train station for the early morning commuters (minus ice cream of course). Personally I think the winner would be get it into derbyshire, its snided every weekend with hikers etc, and the pubs are gradually pricing themselves out of business with the ridiculous prices charged. (£8.50 for a sandwich and a bowl of soup). Its certainly worth a trip to seek out a decent car park to stand in.

Apply for a stall/pitch at our 'Farmer's Market and get a petition going!!!! Download the application at http://www.sharrowvalecommunityassociation.co.uk/events, deadline 16th Oct for Xmas market!

Crazy council not support local enterprise!!! Lets keep the city centre empty, The Moor/Cambridge St is a great look. Yeah right.