Starting my own business but no pitches available anywhere!

Thanks sophie, very helpful! This is my van:

CitroenHYcreperie.jpg

Wow, your van is fabulous!

Thank you very much!:)

I will second that, it's different and that in itself will draw people to it wherever it is pitched up.

Hope you get a pitch sorted soon.

Why don't you appeal against the decision, the council are stupid as this van would make a lovely feature in the city. Some rules are just plain unfair.

Edited by mafya

I will second that, it's different and that in itself will draw people to it wherever it is pitched up.

Hope you get a pitch sorted soon.

Why don't you appeal against the decision, the council are stupid as this van would make a lovely feature in the city. Some rules are just plain unfair.

Many thanks for this- but sadly I am very confident the council won't budge. It clearly states that vehicles aren't allowed. I guess they did mean rusty J reg transits or something, but rules are rules I guess.

I genuinely think it would add a bit of character to the area, but the silly people at the council don't want it. And yet we have shops closing at an alarming rate in town, you'd think they'd encourage someone to set up?:loopy:

Hi guys

I have noticed that a lot of people moan about the lack of service given by their dentist. With this in mind I have considered setting up my own practise but offering a far superior service than the norm.

The problem is that I am not a dentist, though I do have money. Is there any law against me setting up a practice and employing qualified dentists?

P.S. I am posting on this thread because it came up on the existing topics search.

Many thanks in advance.

MOS.

Have you thought about hiring the vehicle and your services for weddings? People are always looking for something a bit out of the ordinary.

Maybe book a few Wedding fairs and also a few Christmas fairs??

Barnsley has very few restrictions comp0ared to Sheffield for this type of thing. A friend of mine recently set up a catering trailer and Sheffield wanted the proverbial hoop jumping whereas Barnsly were very helpful.

Hi guys

I have noticed that a lot of people moan about the lack of service given by their dentist. With this in mind I have considered setting up my own practise but offering a far superior service than the norm.

The problem is that I am not a dentist, though I do have money. Is there any law against me setting up a practice and employing qualified dentists?

P.S. I am posting on this thread because it came up on the existing topics search.

Many thanks in advance.

MOS.

Hi there,

As long as the people doing the work are qualified and the premises have the correct planning consents/licences, theres no reason why you can't set up a dentist or anything else for that matter. I'm sure there are many practice managers that aren't qualified GP's etc

One part of the council may say no, but others might say yes.

Go in to the offices, take photos of your van.

I would suggest getting in touch with the parks department.

endcliffe park and weston park are both good spots.

Also try with the car parks department.

Give the universities a try

The students unions (speak to the student officers in person)

the train station too.

Try Worksop, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster

oh and we are on the end of the season now, but you should do a bit of reseach and find out where to go for festivals and car boots.

ps

have a friend who works for barnsley planning dept

One part of the council may say no, but others might say yes.

Go in to the offices, take photos of your van. Done that they don't care!

I would suggest getting in touch with the parks department. done- all parks have their spaces taken

endcliffe park and weston park are both good spots.

Also try with the car parks department. Done- I'd need to pay the hourly fee for the spaces!

Give the universities a try Done- waiting to hear from them

The students unions (speak to the student officers in person) Done

the train station too. Gold route- not allowed

Try Worksop, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster- haven't done that!

oh and we are on the end of the season now, but you should do a bit of reseach and find out where to go for festivals and car boots. Done- I'm on the books of a few things for next year

ps

have a friend who works for barnsley planning dept

By all means- i'd appreciate it. Never been to Barnsley though!

Thanks for all your help!:)