Your reaction to a loved one wrongly executed

No, let's deal with the issue you've been dodging this whole time. "Your move".

Your question: How would you feel if a loved one was executed for a crime they didnt commit?

My answer: Bleddy sad and awful of course. What other answer would you expect?

I would think about hiring a nasty shark of a lawyer and try and sue the living crap out of the state. More than likely wouldnt do any good since the state can afford better lawyers. I wouldn't press for execution of the judge though. That's just plain unrealistic and if I were to go around yakking about executing judges they'd just think I was some kind of half demented street corner nut case and snigger behind my back.

Anyway, what's worse? A judge erroneously causing an execution to be carried out on an innocent person or a bomber pilot 10,000 feet up intentionally dropping a plane load on houses and buildings full of people, more than likely many of them small children.

Should the pilot be executed for carrying out this act? :hihi: :hihi:

Dont tell me this has no relevence to what your issue is

"Punishment for killing innocents basically" as stated in the last para of your first post

Anyway, what's worse? A judge erroneously causing an execution to be carried out on an innocent person or a bomber pilot 10,000 feet up intentionally dropping a plane load on houses and buildings full of people, more than likely many of them small children.

Should the pilot be executed for carrying out this act? :hihi: :hihi:

No because the death penalty is stupid & counter productive. But yes, someone killing scores of children with bombs is worse than mistakenly sentencing one person to death.

No because the death penalty is stupid & counter productive. But yes, someone killing scores of children with bombs is worse than mistakenly sentencing one person to death.

I think I can agree with that sentiment.

Your question: How would you feel if a loved one was executed for a crime they didnt commit?

My answer: Dodge dodge wriggle wriggle divert divert

(my bold)

You're taking the pi**

As you seem to have forgotten what the question is that I've asked you so many times now, here it is again, from post #100 (on the previous page to this one)

I'll make it very simple for you by using your earlier comparison to Iran, with the crimes followed by the punishments:

Iranian Law:

Man throws acid in face of innocent person -> Throw acid in man's face

US law:

Man kills innocent person -> kill man

Rootsbooster suggestion:

Judge kills innocent man -> punish judge

Now, what's so ridiculous about the 3rd example that doesn't apply to the 2nd?

(the Iranian woman didn't go ahead with the revenge by the way, she showed MERCY. That was in Iran.)

Let's just not talk about judges.

No. Let's talk about judges (as this whole thread is about judges passing the death sentence).

Let's broaden the scope a little

No.

Let's keep to the original hypothetical situation as described in the OP.

Harleyman, as you came into this thread and kicked up such a fuss but can't seem to explain the logic you base your statement on, I'm going to assume it's just an OPINION with no basis, logic or facts.

That I can accept, everyone has opinions.

My loved one wouldn't have to be innocent for me to be devastated. For wrong or right I've still lost a loved one.

I don't believe in the death penalty so "rightly executed" is as meaningless as "wrongly executed".

Edited by ronthenekred

So by your logic, that "someone" (a bomber pilot in this case) who has killed scores of children should also be executed ?

Yes or No ?