Sheffield Pubs with Roaring Fires. Where?

Nags Head at Loxley plus Bradfield Beers. Have a walk out there then get sat in front of a good log fire with a pint of Belgian Blue. Like being in Heaven with the door closed.

I think the Hammer And Pincers still have one or two even.

Wortley Arms. Although if you are sat too close it can get a bit uncomfortable with red faces all round!

Wortley Arms. Although if you are sat too close it can get a bit uncomfortable with red faces all round!

What's the beer like in the Wortley Arms?

It's one of those pubs that's not far from High Green, but I never really think of going there for a pint.

I only discovered Wortley Hall was open to the general public last year. :blush:

Regards

Doom

What's the beer like in the Wortley Arms?

It's one of those pubs that's not far from High Green, but I never really think of going there for a pint.

I only discovered Wortley Hall was open to the general public last year. :blush:

Regards

Doom

Hi Doom , Farmers Blonde , Landlord and Black Sheep and the occasional Wentworth brewery offering. One side for the beer drinkers , the fireside usually for the diners.

Get out to Castleton! Cracking open fire in the Bull's Head and you're not short for other pubs either.

If your looking for a real friendly pub with two log burners (one in the tap room and one in the lounge) then try The Abbey in Woodseats. Its lovely and cosy and you will well looked after

Hi Doom , Farmers Blonde , Landlord and Black Sheep and the occasional Wentworth brewery offering. One side for the beer drinkers , the fireside usually for the diners.

Whilst none of those are amongst my favourite beers, I don't mind any of them from time to time.

I might have to have a walk up one cold crisp morning during the Christmas hols and get myself a pint or two.

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Doom

The Gate Inn at Troway, a country pub hidden away from the main road down a lane at the side of the The Inn @ Troway with roaring log fires in both rooms, open 365 days a year lunchtime and evening.

http://www.gateinntroway.co.uk

The Robin Hood at Millhouses has a couple, and not bad pub grub!

The Brown Bear in town sometimes has one going ... me and my dog love warming our paws on it ....