Is there anyone left on here that defends this Government?

do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. do you support the governments plans to repay the uk debt ?

• yes i support the governments plans to repay the debt
    • no i do not support the governments plan to repay the debt
    • i dont care at all.

Just been reading about how our Pensions and ISA’s have been hammered by 14% since the start of the year and it got me thinking about the shambles we are in and whether or not anyone still supports this lot.

Unemployment up

Inflation up

Share prices falling very sharply

Growth almost non existent

Benefits being cut from the poor

Very little (if any) wage increases

Yet some in Government want to cut the Tax of the rich.

Is there anyone on here that still defends this lot, and has confidence they can get us out of this mess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14920735

The ConDems - Robin Hood in reverse, robbing from the poor to give to the rich! :rant:

The ConDems - Robin Hood in reverse, robbing from the poor to give to the rich! :rant:

Remind me who it was that took the 10p tax away?

Is there anyone on here that still defends this lot, and has confidence they can get us out of this mess.

Cue the usual - "It's all the fault of the previous Government, you can't blame the current Government for the current problems, it'll take time to turn it all around blah blah blah"

Will they still be saying it at the next election when they miraculously find some money to give us back in bribes, er sorry I mean properly funded tax cuts

I have far far more confidence in this government than the previous one.

Whether they can get us out of this mess is debatable.

Unfortunately they were left a disasterous legacy of malfeasance, overspend and debt.

Unfortunately they were left a disasterous legacy of malfeasance, overspend and debt.

Just call me psychicamp

Just call me psychicamp

Stating a fact doesn't mean you're phsycic when someone else states it also ;)

You didn't say who you have confidence in, to get us out of this mess?

Those are my thoughts too.

Just listen to what Ed Balls is calling for; more economic 'stimulus' to get the economy going. What he means is even higher public borrowing to fund growth with more debt. It seems impervious to the Labour contingent on here that it will eventually have to be paid back. It sums up the 'buy now, pay later' of the Labour years. Newsflash! Now is later! And now we're paying.

I accept what Osbourne and Alexander are telling us, that there is no plan B, there cannot be a plan B. And also that the fact we're sticking to the plan is reassuring international markets, meaning Britain keeps it's credit rating unlike the USA, which in turn keeps down the cost of borrowing. Everybody would suffer if our credit rating was downgraded, so I applaud the government for doing what they can and sticking to the plan.

Edited by mj.scuba

When the Labour party finally come round to thinking up of an alternative to the cuts, perhaps then we'll have a choice. But for now there is no credible alternative to the current government's course of action.

When the Labour party finally come round to thinking up of an alternative to the cuts, perhaps then we'll have a choice. But for now there is no credible alternative to the current government's course of action.

They have an alternative alright. Balls wants us to carry on spending. Or as I call it, sticking their head in the sand.

Count me in for their support.

The current government is just doing what HAS to be done to recover the country from the crassly incompetent financial mismanagement that our beloved Mr Brown and his Marxist buddies subjected us to.

Disastrous indeed, I would go as far as to say criminal.