Cant beleive the cheek of some people!!

If you see the cloth collecting people (for charity) who come to your door, they also do the same thing. Take your free clothes and sell them.

And keep 90+% of the money for themselves. Most charitable.

Give the stuff to bona fide charities directly.

Chill out.....

You are likely to polarise the debate with cool comments like this.

You are likely to polarise the debate with cool comments like this.

The OP sounds a bit frosty.

Edited by alex3659

The OP sounds a bit frosty.

Well they cant bear to be seen off;I suppose icy things from both viewpoints.

A woman goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doctor, you've got to do something about my husband -- he thinks he's a refrigerator!" "I wouldn't worry too much about it," the doctor replies. "Lots of people have harmless delusions. It will pass. " "But you don't understand," the woman insists. "He sleeps with his mouth open, and the little light keeps me awake. "

I agree its greedy the poster was donating an item that someone is in need of and some greedy scroat makes money off it!! its morally wrong

I thought much of the point of donating items is so they get reused and don't go to landfill. Honestly is always the best policy though, if he wanted it to sell on he should've been upfront about it.

As long as he hasn't lied, then there is no problem. Probably that is what he does for a living; selling stuff over the internet. A genuine guy.

If you see the cloth collecting people (for charity) who come to your door, they also do the same thing. Take your free clothes and sell them.

He did lie.

A similar thing happened to me, my wife's cousin really wanted one of our Jack Russell pups, but didn't have the money, so we kindly gave them one for free.

A couple of months later we visited them unannounced and the dog wasn't there, another friend told me they'd seen the dog advertised in the local shop, for £180.

They told us they gave it away as the baby was showing signs of being allergic to it.

I agree its greedy the poster was donating an item that someone is in need of and some greedy scroat makes money off it!! its morally wrong
To call the bloke a scroat is out of order,he's obviously a hard working trader if he's advertising in the paper.

I cant see the issue with this.He was obviously quick off the mark to arrange collection and get it off your hands.

lets face it-whoever gets the freezer is getting it for nothing and whats to say someone else who maybe doesn't work and cant be bothered to get off their backside to earn a living is not gonna sell it on in a couple of weeks to pay for their next shot in the arm or a night down the boozer.

well done for using initiative I say !!

I thought much of the point of donating items is so they get reused and don't go to landfill. Honestly is always the best policy though, if he wanted it to sell on he should've been upfront about it.

Thats the theory of freegle but in reality it wouldn't have ended up in landfill. Fridges need degassing then the metal and plastic is removed and recycled. This is what happens if it is disposed of at a legal site anyway. Some illigal scrappies let the gas out in to the atmoshere, take out the metsl and illegally dump the rest.