Student Bus Pass problems

my son recieved his today.although i had posted in a few weeks ago it wasnt authorised until he had been to college for the induction day.college then informed sypte.

Not sure what the Bus drivers are supposed to do mind.
Sell student 7-day savers? Anyone at college or uni has a student card, pretty easy to get student tickets at a bus station or on board

Sell student 7-day savers? Anyone at college or uni has a student card, pretty easy to get student tickets at a bus station or on board

So assuming she has a student card can she not obtain a cheaper ticket in the interim period?

Hi dont know if this is any help but I was having a problem with my sons 16-18 bus pass a week or so ago. I was given a number to ring for the department that deals exclusively with student bus passes the number is 0800 046 515137 there opening hours are 8am to 8pm. I rang and the women was able to tell me at what stage in the system my sons pass was, hope it helps :)

Strange that is. They usually do passes right there and then when you take in your details and a pic.

What the heck has happened for this royal of a f-up? I Would suggest parents going in with the kid and demanding they get to it there and then. They have the facilities to do it as they have been doing them on the day for decades.

Strange that is. They usually do passes right there and then when you take in your details and a pic.

What the heck has happened for this royal of a f-up? I Would suggest parents going in with the kid and demanding they get to it there and then. They have the facilities to do it as they have been doing them on the day for decades.

I think thats just for the 11-16 childrens bus pass, for the 16-18 student pass you have to fill in a form which is sent away to be processed.

We have had the same problem-I handed in the completed form myself in August, and it was checked there and then against the authorised signatures. When I contacted SYPTE last week, I was told that the reason for the delay was an incomplete application - a blatant lie designed to fob off complainants.

The bus pass finally arrived a couple of days later (magically without any additional information being required - so much for the incomplete application story) - four weeks after the application had been submitted.

As I was aware that the problem was affecting a large number of young people, I forwarded my e-mails exchange with SYPTE to my local local councillor.

I do not see on what grounds SYPTE are refusing to refund the overcharges on production of the ticket (which shows the date, time and route, so it can clearly be seen that it was used for a journey to or from school). It is surely not beyond the wit of the operators to instruct their drivers to issue student fares on school buses while the bus passes are being processed.

The Sheffield bus operators are paid by the council to provide the bus pass service, and while the bus passes are delayed, the pupils are being overcharged. In effect, this means the operators are double-dipping at our expense.

Incidentally, the bus pass came (eventually) from a company based in Northampton, so it seems unlikely that you would be able to obtain one from the interchange.

councillor.

I do not see on what grounds SYPTE are refusing to refund the overcharges on production of the ticket (which shows the date, time and route, so it can clearly be seen that it was used for a journey to or from school). It is surely not beyond the wit of the operators to instruct their drivers to issue student fares on school buses while the bus passes are being processed.

The Sheffield bus operators are paid by the council to provide the bus pass service, and while the bus passes are delayed, the pupils are being overcharged. In effect, this means the operators are double-dipping at our expense.

Sheffield bus operators are not paid by the council to run services,only certain tendered journeys are funded this way the majority of services are run on a commercial basis

Operators recieve payment for concessions after the period of travel so until a pass has been used the operator gets no payment.

Sheffield bus operators are not paid by the council to run services,only certain tendered journeys are funded this way the majority of services are run on a commercial basis

Operators recieve payment for concessions after the period of travel so until a pass has been used the operator gets no payment.

SYPTE reveices funding for the buss pass scheme. Issuing the bus passes is part of their obligations under the scheme. If they fail to meet the obligations, the funding should be reduced proportionally.

Meanwhile, the pupils are entitled to the reduced fare. The fare is contingent on the production of the passes. The passes are not available to the pupils even when they have done everything they can do to obtain one. Therefore, the pupils are unfairly being overcharged for most of September. Multiply by the numer of pupils affected, repeat every year and presto: extra money for the operators, with the collusion of SYPTE, at the expense of the pupils.

SYPTE reveices funding for the buss pass scheme. Issuing the bus passes is part of their obligations under the scheme. If they fail to meet the obligations, the funding should be reduced proportionally.

Meanwhile, the pupils are entitled to the reduced fare. The fare is contingent on the production of the passes. The passes are not available to the pupils even when they have done everything they can do to obtain one. Therefore, the pupils are unfairly being overcharged for most of September. Multiply by the numer of pupils affected, repeat every year and presto: extra money for the operators, with the collusion of SYPTE, at the expense of the pupils.

Of course. Also there was a 2nd gunman on the grassy knol, an alien spacecraft crashed in Roswell and is being kept secret in 'Area 51', The moon landings were faked & the two Men in black movies are actually documentaries. :rolleyes:

My sons took a long time also, it arrived tuesday at long last, he did have a student card but the first driver told him they dont accept them and that he had to pay full fare. Seems like there has been a bit of a **** up somewhere, what with everyones been late.