Landscape Photography

The Peak District can be very photogenic. Here's my favourite, to date. I took in July from Baslow edge, using the tilt in the tilt-shift lens.

5974986289_937130a58f_z.jpg

Looks better on black: View from Baslow Edge

K.

Karl - Thats such a good example of 'proper' usage of tilt in a lens, not some gimmicky effect but perfect artistic isolation of that tree. Lovely.

Karl - Thats such a good example of 'proper' usage of tilt in a lens, not some gimmicky effect but perfect artistic isolation of that tree. Lovely.

Thanks, but I assure you that the picture was accidental rather than some considered artistic fundamental chin rubbing.

K.

You must be kidding youre a pro, ;)

Was your work featured for sale at the Sheffield Art Show in Botanical Gardens a few weeks ago perchance?? I am sure I have stumbled across your work before when I googled what my competition was , Erm, I mean, what the other local Photographers had & honestly found your work stood out.

& then I am Sure It was the same work in an indoor tent at the Art Show..

.. Either that or there is somebody very similar to you out there!

Either way your work is breathtaking & inspirational. Gorgeous.

Lots of early mornings & sunset shots, you lucky thing. :)

I love your images Tom. Am attempting to attach a couple of mine. Criticism most welcomed!

5367884207_b52111fe9f_m.jpg

5368489898_cf05bb629c_m.jpg

5362059196_ecd3897260_m.jpg

5228281019_b5dc81ded3_m.jpg

4574709733_1ec47f4a89_m.jpg

Edited by AlyJ

I love your images Tom. Am attempting to attach a couple of mine. Criticism most welcomed!

5367884207_b52111fe9f_m.jpg

5368489898_cf05bb629c_m.jpg

5362059196_ecd3897260_m.jpg

5228281019_b5dc81ded3_m.jpg

4574709733_1ec47f4a89_m.jpg

Currently viewing them via my Galaxy S2 but they look good to me. Im a huge fan of black and whites and when done correctly as not all images automatically make a good B&W, they look stunning.

Currently viewing them via my Galaxy S2 but they look good to me. Im a huge fan of black and whites and when done correctly as not all images automatically make a good B&W, they look stunning.

Why thank you. The sea ones were taken over a long weekend of sitting in the cold trying to get perfect long exposures! The wind was so strong that I had to weigh down the tripod.

The Peak District can be very photogenic. Here's my favourite, to date. I took in July from Baslow edge, using the tilt in the tilt-shift lens.

5974986289_937130a58f_z.jpg

Looks better on black: View from Baslow Edge

K.

This looks almost like a toy scene, I really like it!