Britain borrows £16B last

Britain borrowed 16b in august! and yet nick clegg is giving £335m away, and thats on top of the £12b the goverment as put in the aide pot. I wander where he's pulled that from? The news is on right now and mr clegg says the HR is here to stay. so that means we cant deport the murderers,rapists,thieves etc. a nigerian who raped a 13year old has gone through the HR etc. and appealed to Stasburg who say he cant be deported overruling our courts.

Just shows how daft the Lib Dems are, i.e. more interested in protecting criminals than decent people.

Due to the mess the country was left in by the LABOUR party, (friends of bankers, killed 500,000 Iraquis) it is necessary for the government to borrow this money. Any business, or indeed household needs to borrow. Its having the ability to pay it back that counts.

This country has a higher credit rating than any of the EU countries except Germany, higher than USA . So although you have an issue with it the worlds financiers dont.

Guess who I believe?

Regarding the HR dont worry, Cameron will sort that out.

Britain borrowed 16b in august! and yet nick clegg is giving £335m away, and thats on top of the £12b the goverment as put in the aide pot. I wander where he's pulled that from? The news is on right now and mr clegg says the HR is here to stay. so that means we cant deport the murderers,rapists,thieves etc. a nigerian who raped a 13year old has gone through the HR etc. and appealed to Stasburg who say he cant be deported overruling our courts.

Due to the mess the country was left in by the LABOUR party, (friends of bankers, killed 500,000 Iraquis) it is necessary for the government to borrow this money. Any business, or indeed household needs to borrow. Its having the ability to pay it back that counts.

This country has a higher credit rating than any of the EU countries except Germany, higher than USA . So although you have an issue with it the worlds financiers dont.

Guess who I believe?

Regarding the HR dont worry, Cameron will sort that out.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: take your head out of the sand

Cameron is a plonker. Its not the borrowing that worries me as it is necessary to rebuild the economy. It is the rediculous immigration policy that allows criminals to enter our country and sponge of our taxes. The government need to take a leaf out of Australia's book and only allow people into the country if they have something useful to offer. The benefits system is also a complete shambles. Nobody should be able to get money for doing nothing. Why not have people on the doll picking litter and working in the community for their money. It doesn't take every minute of every day to look for a job. They could quite easily work 16hrs a week for the council whilst looking for a job. Same goes for the criminals. They do something wrong and get a warm clean bed and food. Have them digging roadside like they do in America. That would make their punishment useful!!!!!! RANT OVER!! lol

The key reason we have virtually unmanageable debt is because bank private losses were transferred onto the public balance sheet. That is a fact.

Labour applied stimulus measures to avoid what is happening now - falling tax receipts and rising benefit bills caused by increasing unemployment. The problem with Labour's strategy is it caused a net increase in debt. The problem with Osborne's strategy is it is causing an increase in debt.

It's a no win situation, unless solid growth can be achieved alongside carefully targeted cuts. Problem is the Tory experiment that held that the private sector would step into provide growth has completely failed. Their cuts weren't carefully targeted either. And they destroyed confidence.

Unfortunately we've not got any parties that know what to do. None of them are credible.

Hold the front page....Government predictions for growth and economic recovery turn out to be ******** shock.

Its not the borrowing that worries me as it is necessary to rebuild the economy.

So the economy can only function with deficit spending and stimulus?

Back in the days when Britain was an economic powerhouse, there was practically no public sector and no government stimulus.

How ever did we manage? :rolleyes:

I think we did something crazy like... make things.

Oh but you say, the Far East makes things too cheaply.

Tell that to the Germans.

Germany this year will be the second largest exporter

So it can be done.

You see, in the 50s/60s/70s, while the British worker was on strike/on tea break/turning out shoddy products, the Germans were doing things properly.

Stimulus won't work and just repeating it over and over again just demonstrates Einstein's definition of insanity.

Austerity won't work either. The pseudo-cuts we've had under the coalition have seen record monthly deficits in April and August this year.

Cuts? What cuts? We're borrowing more money than ever.

The only option is a default. But that will be resisted to the end, so basically we're fooked.

Guest sibon

The only option is a default. But that will be resisted to the end, so basically we're fooked.

There is another option, because we have our own currency.

You know what it is. I know what it is. George Osbourne knows what it is.

Indeed, when we print another £5bn next month, all but the most stupid will realise what it is. Sadly, those who have saved and done the "right" thing will come off worst.

How often DON'T we run a deficit???

And does it really matter if it is FIAT?

So the economy can only function with deficit spending and stimulus?

Back in the days when Britain was an economic powerhouse, there was practically no public sector and no government stimulus.

How ever did we manage? :rolleyes:

I think we did something crazy like... make things.

Oh but you say, the Far East makes things too cheaply.

Tell that to the Germans.

Germany this year will be the second largest exporter

So it can be done.

You see, in the 50s/60s/70s, while the British worker was on strike/on tea break/turning out shoddy products, the Germans were doing things properly.

Stimulus won't work and just repeating it over and over again just demonstrates Einstein's definition of insanity.

Austerity won't work either. The pseudo-cuts we've had under the coalition have seen record monthly deficits in April and August this year.

Cuts? What cuts? We're borrowing more money than ever.

So if the debt is all paid off, what are we going to do with all the extra loot?