Thieving abusive scrapmen

Yep,my cousin nearly had her sons bike taken today...lucky she was in and asked them what they were doing!...the bike is only a couple of months old so can't be confused for scrap!

Are those gates made of metal?

Just curious.

No, they were stolen a while ago. Our local scum bag supposed scrap men, were driving their thieving mobile around, with one brain dead scroat hung out of the front passenger window the other day shouting "You're a load of expletive expletives", he has a way with words.

I'm convinced that the majority of their vehicles are illegal (most probably stolen) and obviously uninsured and untaxed, they are also very unlikely to be licensed scrap collectors, so no real reason for Sheffield's finest to get involved. :rolleyes:

I've now got six feet high gates with floor and side bolts at both sides of our house. I keep a small spade hidden in our back garden, as I understand the law, anyone attempting to attack me might not be able to have me imprisoned for aiming the flat end of it into a scroat's face.

I believe it is, if they use fists you can hit them back,self defense, if they had a weapon eg knife you are allowed to defend yourself with a knife.So just before you hit him in the face, hand him an old spade and say he can have it for scrap and then hit him and tell the cops it was self defense :D

If you've got a tall (security) gate then its good idea to spread a thick layer of dirty old grease along the top. If anyone does try to climb over it won't stop them or hurt them, it will make themselves and clothes dirty though.

If you've not got any dirty grease to hand then meat fat mixed with grease has a similar effect.

What does bother me....is that there are many, many threads on this subject....the thieving scrappers....and some of them give out vehicle registrations....and yet it is still happening.

WHERE are Sheffield police in all of this???? Doing bugger all as usual!!!!

It is not a new phenomena - these scrappers have been at it for years....and they will continue to just make their way into places they shouldn't be taking what isn't theirs...and being abusive to those who challenge them....because the Police are just letting them get away with it.

its called, we are busy, if it isnt life threatening then dont bother us.

my kids bike were taken last year,ive seen a few folk a lateley in pick ups asking for scrap, the last episode i saw was a bloke and a long haired woman with a child climbing over the herries rd allottments one morning recovering an old gate they'd spied in the under growth and basically anything what had been chucked in there.

then they were frequenting the neighbourhood asking for scrap later on, one time one scrap fella asked me if he could have my greenhouse frame i was putting up, so got that assembled with the glass in sharpish!

GF

What does bother me....is that there are many, many threads on this subject....the thieving scrappers....and some of them give out vehicle registrations....and yet it is still happening.

WHERE are Sheffield police in all of this???? Doing bugger all as usual!!!!

It is not a new phenomena - these scrappers have been at it for years....and they will continue to just make their way into places they shouldn't be taking what isn't theirs...and being abusive to those who challenge them....because the Police are just letting them get away with it.

What's the point whinging on here? (Like you always do!!)

Do something positive about it!

Get up from your seat keyboard warrior and complain to them!!

Watch out !!!!

while working in Walkley today I witnessed 2 scrapmen wait for an elderly lady to leave the house then call another bloke in a white transit style van- as soon as she left.

They went round the back of the house and stayed for around 5 mins obviously looking for stuff to steal but never once knocked on the door to ask.

As they were leaving with some items the elderly lady had obviously seen them and returned to her house and asked them to replace what they had stolen from the rear of her house.

She was met by torrent of abuse and foul language from the younger of the 2 men at which point I stepped in, I had witnessed the whole event.

I was met by threats and abuse but strangly enough when I stood my ground both scrappies decided to stay on the other side of the road and instead of backing up their threats,walked off shouting more threats,abuse and foul language,like the weak scumbags they are !!!

They were reported to the police but dont know anything after that.

Did anyone else have anything stolen in the Walkley area today ???

I do feel that something should be done about these unregistered theiving scroungers,especially the ones who cant accept when they've been caught in the act,

luckily no one got hurt but the elderly lady was terrified:(

Nice one for standing up for the old lady mate. If everyone challenged these light fingered oxygen thieves when they are clearly nicking then Sheffield would be a better place. Cos waiting for the old bill to do anything about them has yeilded no results yet.

its called, we are busy, if it isnt life threatening then dont bother us.

When my door was being kicked in by someone I didn't know some years ago...I couldn't even get a response from 999 on my landline...nor could I on my mobile...nor could my neighbour who had just popped round for a cuppa...we tried for over an hour....and just gave up.

WHAT do the Police actually do? About time they took these scrapper threads and used what is written to catch those who just carry on thieving.

Bet if I dropped a piece of paper in Fargate they would be all over me like a bad smell.

What's the point whinging on here? (Like you always do!!)

Do something positive about it!

Get up from your seat keyboard warrior and complain to them!!

"Like I always do"?????

Sorry mate...who are YOU again....don't know your user name at all. :loopy:

I have complained to them...they do nothing.

edit....Having just looked over your past posts...I see you appear to be part of SYP. You may be part of the police...but there is no need for you to police the posts I or anyone else makes.....that's what the Admin and Mod team are for.

Edited by julado

The van is usually parked at the nearest travellers site.