Thieving abusive scrapmen

Watch out !!!!

while working in Walkley today I witnessed 2 scrapmen wait for an elderly lady to leave the house then call another bloke in a white transit style van- as soon as she left.

They went round the back of the house and stayed for around 5 mins obviously looking for stuff to steal but never once knocked on the door to ask.

As they were leaving with some items the elderly lady had obviously seen them and returned to her house and asked them to replace what they had stolen from the rear of her house.

She was met by torrent of abuse and foul language from the younger of the 2 men at which point I stepped in, I had witnessed the whole event.

I was met by threats and abuse but strangly enough when I stood my ground both scrappies decided to stay on the other side of the road and instead of backing up their threats,walked off shouting more threats,abuse and foul language,like the weak scumbags they are !!!

They were reported to the police but dont know anything after that.

Did anyone else have anything stolen in the Walkley area today ???

I do feel that something should be done about these unregistered theiving scroungers,especially the ones who cant accept when they've been caught in the act,

luckily no one got hurt but the elderly lady was terrified:(

Edited by willman

Good on yer for stepping in.

He has writen this from his hospital bed :D

Police are doing something about it

About a 1/4 0f the way down.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.facebook.com/southyorkshirepolice&sa=U&ei=_Rh6TvHJMtG98gPFuIUX&ved=0CBAQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEB81_2pQC848l7IicJlaKFF9iKNg

He has writen this from his hospital bed :D

Police are doing something about it

About a 1/4 0f the way down.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.facebook.com/southyorkshirepolice&sa=U&ei=_Rh6TvHJMtG98gPFuIUX&ved=0CBAQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEB81_2pQC848l7IicJlaKFF9iKNg

Thanks for the link.

From reading that though, it appears the police are dealing with the roadworthiness of the vehicles concerned and whether they have waste licenses but it doesn't look like they've attempted to trace articles back to owners, to see if they have actually been stolen.

Thanks for the link.

From reading that though, it appears the police are dealing with the roadworthiness of the vehicles concerned and whether they have waste licenses but it doesn't look like they've attempted to trace articles back to owners, to see if they have actually been stolen.

Well yeah,but the police need an excuse to stop a vehicle,not just because it has scrap on it.It would be really hard and time consuming to trace metal back to owners.Bicycles and stuff identifiable, i guess they could.

It happend to me the other day,i was in my house and 2 man jumped over the big gate we have on the tunnel and thay was looking all over the garden for stuff i got very scared i was a alone in the house,

So i let my 3 staffys out ive never ever seen man run as fast as thay did, but its not right at all something needs doing i hope the poor ladie is ok i felt scared and ive got 3 meaty dogs to look after me...

I've now got six feet high gates with floor and side bolts at both sides of our house. I keep a small spade hidden in our back garden, as I understand the law, anyone attempting to attack me might not be able to have me imprisoned for aiming the flat end of it into a scroat's face.

What are the chances of the elderly lady having 3 sons built like brick outside toilets, who have just read this?

my friend had her bike taken from her back garden....thieving scroats :(

I've now got six feet high gates with floor and side bolts at both sides of our house. I keep a small spade hidden in our back garden, as I understand the law, anyone attempting to attack me might not be able to have me imprisoned for aiming the flat end of it into a scroat's face.

Are those gates made of metal?

Just curious.