Originally posted by sarcastic

what did happen to ciaro jaxs?? The name just rang a bell where was it?:clap:

On Bank St,it is now goverment offices

Roxy's

Cairo jax

josephines

Isabellas/Uropa

Berlins

The bar next to cairo's (can't remember its name)

I used to work in Metro and Dickens, the two pubs were like chalk and cheese. Dickens regularly played host to a Friday/Sighturday night punch up between the local BBC/OCS, which enevitably led to an empty pub for the rest of the evening. All the staff from Dickens would go down stairs and collect glasses in the Metro.

I used to drop many a glass in there as some ten bob millionaire with huge shoulder pads swung round and knocked my stack of pint pots out my hands. The all drank either Tennants Extra or over priced house Lambrini thinking they were cultured:thumbsup:

Anyone remember Crazy Daisys? Or Shades? Or Baileys? Or Samanthas?

Originally posted by RazorSHarp

I used to work in Metro and Dickens, the two pubs were like chalk and cheese. Dickens regularly played host to a Friday/Sighturday night punch up between the local BBC/OCS, which enevitably led to an empty pub for the rest of the evening. All the staff from Dickens would go down stairs and collect glasses in the Metro.

I used to drop many a glass in there as some ten bob millionaire with huge shoulder pads swung round and knocked my stack of pint pots out my hands. The all drank either Tennants Extra or over priced house Lambrini thinking they were cultured:thumbsup:

Can remember going in Metro in 92/93 and all the bottles of Lambrusco on the wall behind the bar.......it must have been the "in" drink.........ahhh the days before Alcopops

Originally posted by SheffBloke

Can remember going in Metro in 92/93 and all the bottles of Lambrusco on the wall behind the bar.......it must have been the "in" drink.........ahhh the days before Alcopops

That was it Lambrusco not Lambrini, I used to bring about 10 cases from the wine cellar to the Metro each weekend night. People used to order 4 or 5 at a time, if I remember right it was only about £4 a bottle.

Originally posted by slimsid2000

Roxy's

Cairo jax

josephines

Isabellas/Uropa

Berlins

The bar next to cairo's (can't remember its name)

The bar was called Silks (I think)

Awful place all mirrors and plastic flowers :gag:

The 'Garden'

Marples

Wig & Pen

Geisha

Golden Ball

Gladstones

Stonehouse

Pig & Whistle/Hanrahans/Hoolihans/Fountain

Metro/Dickens

The old saddle

Then to Kiki's / Roxys / Josies / Romeos\Cairos

OK who remembers Five Ways or as it was re-named - Fanny's- (kid you not) up at Owler Bar? Used to race up there in some poor parents car that we had got hold of.

i remember Fannys was there a Tramps? or Turn ups?

Our favourite haunt was always Raffles/Charlie Parkers. Or (dare I say it?) Roxy's on Thursday nights. Not too bad if you type it quick LOL

:clap: I remember millionairs,cavells(worked there for a bit),josephines(they used to have a free buffet,can't remeber what night though):clap: