Cheapest Pint In The Area?

One exception to this is the Nag's Head at Loxley - which I think is probably the best pub for price and quality of its ales in this area. They act as the brewery tap for the Bradfield brewery and all the beers, regardless of strength, are the same price. It was £1.80 a pint last time I visited a few months ago.

I don't know anywhere else that has beer of that quality at that price. And yes I do know about Sam Smith's - which is usually very competitive - but you can't compare the quality of their standard bitter with the stuff Bradfield and Thornbridge turn out.

Last time I went in Nags they had a Bradfield IPA on at 5% and was one of the best driks I;ve had,Sam Smiths,its not my cup of tea and even at 2p a pint I wouldn't drink it.]

I fully appreciate that. If I could find a beer I liked as good as Jaipur for £2.50 a pint then I'd probably choose to drink that instead as well. Absolutely - why not?

By the way, I use Jaipur as an example, it doesn't have to be Jaipur - but generally I expect to pay around £3 a pint in most places for a good, well kept, pint of real ale.

One exception to this is the Nag's Head at Loxley - which I think is probably the best pub for price and quality of its ales in this area. They act as the brewery tap for the Bradfield brewery and all the beers, regardless of strength, are the same price. It was £1.80 a pint last time I visited a few months ago.

I don't know anywhere else that has beer of that quality at that price. And yes I do know about Sam Smith's - which is usually very competitive - but you can't compare the quality of their standard bitter with the stuff Bradfield and Thornbridge turn out.

Finally - it's also about the pub itself - and the people that go there.

I'd rather not bother having a drink than go to some of the places that folks talk about on here.

I think that thousands of their customers and the head brewer at Sam's would disagree with that one.Most of the pubs mentioned on here would not want beer snobs in anyway.

it's about personal taste isn't it?

I like the strong hoppy beers, IPA's and the like. Sam Smiths isn't a bad pint at all - and I used to like their old ale - but I'm not one for drinking 3.5% bitters.

I also think beer should be foamy, creamy and stick to the glass all the way down.

I'm pleased to be called a beer snob if that's what it means.

Jaipur has changed over the last couple of years but I`ve had it at Swim and Francis Newton and also at Coach and Horses (first place to have it, I believe). Usually, the Wetherspoons ones are equal to the Coach ones and a quid cheaper.

For me £2.30 for Deception in Shakies is the best value about.

Edited by jemson

What's an update on this? Where is the cheapest pint now?

Nags Head on the road to Bradfield - All their own beers £2 per pint.

Nags Head on the road to Bradfield - All their own beers £2 per pint.

Farmers IPA at 2 quid?best pint I,ve had.

Nags head has increaded its prices to £2:00 a pint,but still good value!

Ale House on Fraser Road , S8, still has a pint on for £2. It varies which it is.

had a pint of farmers blonde sat in globe howard st 1.99

what really surprises me is the big difference in what you pay for the same pint never known it be so wide.

In some areas the price of a pint can almost double depending on the pub and the expensive one is not always better/in a nicer pub!

what really surprises me is the big difference in what you pay for the same pint never known it be so wide.

In some areas the price of a pint can almost double depending on the pub and the expensive one is not always better/in a nicer pub!

I'd imagine a lot depends on which company is leasing out the pub and how much they've got the landlord over a barrel (literally) about what they have to pay them for beer, and so the landlord has to pass on the costs.