Battlefield 3 open BETA date confirmed

Update: apparently console players should expect a sizeable beta update soon

1080p MW2 vs BF3 and I have to say MW2(2 yrs old now) played and looked better.

They shouldn't have released the BETA they had managed to get some hype about the game and may have been able to take the FPS crown but with that beta its put them further behind IMO.

To be fair though no-one's expecting it to outsell MW3, that would be ridiculous, MW3 just has such a successful brand that its ridiculous, it'll easily outsell BF3. The critical reception is probably going to be better for BF3 though, and that's the best dice can really hope for at this point.

I'm really enjoying it, but I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with how it looks (on 360).

I know it can't possibly look as good as the PC version but I was expecting it to look better than it does, that said though, I'm still definitely getting it.

Also, I really hope they fix the bug that won't let me look down my sights every now and then, that is really really annoying.

I'm really enjoying it, but I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with how it looks (on 360).

I know it can't possibly look as good as the PC version but I was expecting it to look better than it does, that said though, I'm still definitely getting it.

I can't find link but I read somewhere that the textures are low res to reduce the file size. Textures such as rocks, sandbags look quite poor but overall I'm really impressed how it looks on the 360. I'm sure more particle effects will be added and the contrast tweaked on release.

Also, I really hope they fix the bug that won't let me look down my sights every now and then, that is really really annoying.

Yeah noticed that and sometimes when you spawn your gun won't fire and/or defaults to sidearm.

- There are more bugs than I expected but it's a good way to get used to the feel of it, the menu's, unlocks etc.

O dear cod fans, they make me laugh. Still whoring a repeat game thats there to make money and money alone.

Bf3 will outsell mw3 this year I am 100% sure. Any 1 disappointed with beta needs to realise that its beta, BFbc2 was the same when that was in beta and was promptly fixed for release.

Bf3 will outsell mw3 this year I am 100% sure.

Absolutely no chance.

Bad Company 2 sold about 9 million copies.

Modern Warfare 2 sold about 20 million copies, so did Black Ops.

To expect those kinds of figures to turn around with just 1 set of games is ludicrous. It doesn't matter if BF3 is 'better' than MW3, its just not gonna happen.

I certainly hope BF3 doesn't pinch any of the CoD crowd.

I don't really care to be squadded up with some 13 year old who's GT is xxx5N1p3rzxx screeching "c'mere I'm gonna fry ya with mi lazer gun" :gag:

How would they actually cope with a thing called 'recoil' too? :huh:

P.S. Just read that the console servers have been 'restarted' this afternoon so should be easier to connect now. I also read there has been a server side update to resolve some issues but not sure if it's just PC at the moment.

its best game i ever played and ive played alot of em"

but i will reserve best game ever tag till i have played the new modern warefare looks ace def gonna buy bf3 tho as im loving the fighter jets perspective

How old are you?

I did think this thread would have sensible discussion but it seems the OP and many others are far too intent with 'Fanboism', guys/gals they are only games why the loyality??

Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinions about the Beta.

I did think this thread would have sensible discussion but it seems the OP and many others are far too intent with 'Fanboism', guys/gals they are only games why the loyality??

Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinions about the Beta.

Light hearted banter that's all :hihi:

I finally managed to get it installed but only had 10 minutes on it. It wasn't any fun at all due to being matched against more experienced players. I was dead within 10 seconds every match.

I finally managed to get it installed but only had 10 minutes on it. It wasn't any fun at all due to being matched against more experienced players. I was dead within 10 seconds every match.
Can I assume that you have never played Battlefield before?

That's the normal (and infamous) Battlefield learning curve, I'm afraid.

You have to stick with it awhile to get semi-decent.

But it's only once you get semi-decent that you can begin to appreciate the game.

None of this CS or CoD-style, instant-gratification twitch gameplay, you have to work (and think) to get good at it.

Says the ex-BF1942, ex-BF2, ex-BFBC2 and currently (still!) BF1943 player here ;)

DL'd the 360 beta overnight, but have guests and a BBQ to run later, so still can't try it tonight. Or tomorrow, since we'll probably do a coast run. Bah!

Edited by L00b