Battlefield 3 open BETA date confirmed

Have you registered an account with EA/Origin?? You should get the promo/download.

Yuppers. Registered on those and downloaded Origin but when i start it up it refuses to do anything. I can click on the links to buy games etc but nothing happens. The Origin website on the beta homepage is down as well.

Unless they improve 10 fold from the beta i'm very un-impressed reasons as follows:

Massive lag on servers

Massive lag on xbox

Graphics are un-inspiring (I was hoping for a lot here)

No lobby

Its crashed my xbox already (20 mins of play)

And i'm sure more.

No such problems for me on xbox.

There are several bugs but this build is a few weeks old.

I read that the graphics are really toned down to reduce file size but it still looks superb on the 42" plasma. The lighting is easily best I've ever seen.

Going on soon.

Not played it on PC, but on the xbox this game is garbage.

Running at 30 frames per second really hurts the game, it feels slow and unresponsive.

The spawn system is practically broken, it's too easy to spawn trap.

The game doesn't seem to have a decent flow to it, it's choppy and the controls aren't responsive enough.

I'll be purchasing MW3, cod is still to best by an absolute mile.

its best game i ever played and ive played alot of em"

but i will reserve best game ever tag till i have played the new modern warefare looks ace def gonna buy bf3 tho as im loving the fighter jets perspective

I think it's took psn down because i couldn't get in the store it was "down for maintenance"

Also lag should be expected just think however many thousands are playing

Xbox demo has been unable to connect now for over two hours.

EA must have an ASUS netbook as a server host.

Xbox demo has been unable to connect now for over two hours.

EA must have an ASUS netbook as a server host.

Not a demo guy it's a beta you should expect problems

I'll be purchasing MW3, cod is still to best by an absolute mile.

CoD is absolute garbage. It's the same old dated tech over and over again. It has nothing over the Battlefield series - absolutely nothing. The multiplayer is just a twitchy shooter for teenagers and the campaign's are just one long scripted event.

You have judged BF3 on an early beta build with one (infantry only) map lol!

Yeah it has loads of bugs but that's why a beta is put out. Do you not understand this? It has been released to basically gather feedback on bugs and test the servers.

It's a shame if you've made you're mind up cos I feel you're gonna miss out on an absolute gem of a game.

CoD is absolute garbage. It's the same old dated tech over and over again. It has nothing over the Battlefield series - absolutely nothing. The multiplayer is just a twitchy shooter for teenagers and the campaign's are just one long scripted event.

You have judged BF3 on an early beta build with one (infantry only) map lol!

Yeah it has loads of bugs but that's why a beta is put out. Do you not understand this? It has been released to basically gather feedback on bugs and test the servers.

It's a shame if you've made you're mind up cos I feel you're gonna miss out on an absolute gem of a game.

I was going to switch to BF3 over COD but after playing the BETA i'm less than impressed.

COD isn't garbage and when I have beta tested COD before they atleast released playable versions that didn't crash, if they cant even be arsed to release a semi-working beta how is the full game going to compare??

Remember its only 27 days till release day, minus 7 days from that for disc creation and distribution and your left with little over 2 weeks for them to iron out a game that as you put it 'has loads of bugs'.

I will probably buy both, but at this stage it looks like COD will take the crown again, a slating this close to release isn't good.

Have you seen/played MW3 yet?

I saw it at Eurogamer last week and it really isn't anything special. I could have been watching some MW2 DLC. The graphics engine is looking REALLY old now.

Have you seen/played MW3 yet?

I saw it at Eurogamer last week and it really isn't anything special. I could have been watching some MW2 DLC. The graphics engine is looking REALLY old now.

1080p MW2 vs BF3 and I have to say MW2(2 yrs old now) played and looked better.

They shouldn't have released the BETA they had managed to get some hype about the game and may have been able to take the FPS crown but with that beta its put them further behind IMO.

1080p MW2 vs BF3 and I have to say MW2(2 yrs old now) played and looked better.

They shouldn't have released the BETA they had managed to get some hype about the game and may have been able to take the FPS crown but with that beta its put them further behind IMO.

I'm not worried about the graphics at all. They've already said they are low res to keep the file size down.

This old build is very buggy so maybe should have released as a closed beta only.

Maybe they should have included caspian border on console too because it's meant to be a whole lot better. At least we'd have the chance to try out some vehicles.

I still think the core game is superb, it's just the bugs frustrating me at the moment.