Claiming cash back

Hi Ive just recieved a call from a company based in Manchester asking if i wanted to claim back the personal protection insurance (PPI)I just wondered if its a scam or has anyone been successful with a claim .They told me that i was entitled to £1750 cash back .You veiws are most welcome

Thanks

Hi Ive just recieved a call from a company based in Manchester asking if i wanted to claim back the personal protection insurance (PPI)I just wondered if its a scam or has anyone been successful with a claim .They told me that i was entitled to £1750 cash back .You veiws are most welcome

Thanks

The sort of company you want to be using for claiming against mis-sold PPI is the sort of company who will NOT cold call offering their services and give you a figure they got from thin air

have you bought anything and had ppi in the first place ?

as i get these all the time offering me thousands and i have never purchased ppi so obviously they dont have a clue

thanks fazz and dirteecash i had a loan which was over 5 years and did have insurance it was paid off in july 2011

You dont have to go through a company if you ring the loan provider and tell them you want to make a claim regards to missold ppi then they will put the wheels in motion but if you needed or wanted it you cant claim anything back

hi, was the company called chamelion, they cold call me almost daily !!!!!!!!

As you will have noticed on the link I provided, claims companies are not any more successful than you or any man on the street.

If you have a reason for miss sale of PPI then send in a complaint .

The claims companies take about 20% to 35% plus Vat of any money reclaimed.

If you have a reclaim, fill in the consumer questionnaire ( as in my link somewhere) this is not easy money, you need to prove a valid reason.

However, it will cost you you the price of a stamp, which would be a lot less than 20% of any moneys payed back.

Edited by fazz2311
Spelling

thanks fazz and dirteecash i had a loan which was over 5 years and did have insurance it was paid off in july 2011

Did you know it had PPI included and and what it covered?could you have chosen not to have taken the PPI option? If so then how could it have been mis-sold to you..?

I had a few loans with Nat West over the past 10 years. Went into the bank in June asking about PPI (wasnt sure if I'd taken it) They were most unhelpful, chucked me a form and said 'ring the number on the top'. I did, they informed me they'd sold me PPI on 4 occasions and would investigate. 16 weeks later I've just been offered nearly £3000!! I also had a Virgin credit card in 2002, found an old statement that clearly says I was paying PPI...gave them a ring......another £400 back. Make a few enquiries and do it yourself!!:clap::banana:

make sure you get full information of what you have paid first, the might offer you £3000 but you might have paid £6000, and there is going to be nothing you can do about it once you have accepted that money back