Feedback on my situation please!!!

Originally posted by rocketpig

Spangle's posts are very logical and yes they make perfect sence, but don't you ever sometimes think to yourself "i have absolutely no idea why i feel this way, i just do",......

I never said nowt!

:o

Originally posted by Liose

I think it's a brilliant situation that you're now getting on and good on you if you are both seeing other people.

I can't imagine anyone in the early stages of dating minding (if you don't tell them!)...

However, to be totally honest (and a pathetic female!), if I was seeing someone and it was getting relatively serious and I knew they were living with their ex, then I guess the little green monster would surface and I don't think I wouldn't be able to cope. I know it's sounds pathetic, but I get really annoyed now when my partner talks about his exs (none of them serious) and I have been with him 10 years!!! SO yes, it is a matter of trust but it's also a matter of how you deal with it...I wouldn't deal with it well unfortunately.

To be honest i dont think anyone would cope very well if they knew we still lived together when the relationship started getting serious. Like you say that is human nature.

Dont think some people, no insult intended, have grasped that simple fact!! lol

What i want (dont know about katharine) is feedback about how that person would feel as the relationships begins.

Hopefully at most this situation will only last until the spring so not a great amount of time.

Hmm imagine, i meet the girl of my dream, fall in love, decided to get married, have kids and i still live with katharine. I think that is the kind of future some people think will happen!! lol

That was a joke by the way, not an attack on people who have posted:thumbsup:

Originally posted by RobT

To be honest i dont think anyone would cope very well if they knew we still lived together when the relationship started getting serious. Like you say that is human nature.

Dont think some people, no insult intended, have grasped that simple fact!! lol

What i want (dont know about katharine) is feedback about how that person would feel as the relationships begins.

Hopefully at most this situation will only last until the spring so not a great amount of time.

Hmm imagine, i meet the girl of my dream, fall in love, decided to get married, have kids and i still live with katharine. I think that is the kind of future some people think will happen!! lol

That was a joke by the way, not an attack on people who have posted:thumbsup:

I actually know someone who's been the new girlfriend in a set-up very similar to Rob and Katherine's.

She was a bit perplexed about it at first, but had enough trust in her partner (and was keen enough on him) for the relationship to get serious while he was still sharing the house with his ex.

The couple had originally been living together, then their romantic relationship broke down, but they were still friends and carried on sharing the house.

When the bloke's new relationship with the person I know started to get serious, his ex-girlfriend moved out.

Like I said, the person I know was a bit freaked with the idea to start with, but soon realised she had nothing to worry about. The relationship had become strictly platonic, and had been for quite some time.

The 'new couple' have been together for a number of years now. :thumbsup:

Just one real-life experience. Life ain't perfect, so you have to 'go with the flow'.

StarSparkle

PS No, it's not me, before you start! :o

Its hard to say either way, without knowing the people concerned.

What I'd ask is, why are you asking for advice? Is it because you suspect that it will stop you finding happiness with someone else?

I think if you are perfectly comfortable with your situation then you should carry on just as you are doing, but the fact you are posting on here suggests that you are not 100% comfortable with it.

I think that you probably know what you think is right and you are looking for confirmation.

hi

i was in the same situation - fortunately i got an oportunity to get out fairly early but was incredibly difficult dating and the majority were very uncomfortable with the situation, later one was ok and we had a semi-serious relationship for a while

But! on the otherhand my sister was told by a guy he was living under same room - it wasnt true and she ended up being followed by a private detective!

Always more than one angle eh?!

Originally posted by RobT

Cheers love:rolleyes:

Seriously, what Katharine has said is correct though she has her own unique way of putting me down in public when i have made no nasty remarks to her, but thats besides the point:rolleyes:

:

1. Be very careful what you say Rob!

2. Rocketpig what i'm saying is also try and see it from the person who lives with their ex's point of view too. It is a ****ing **** situation to be in. Like i said I've had a boyfriend since Rob he did not like the fact I lived with Rob. Put yourself in my shoes. It's all about trust.

Rob asked for advice, i'm trying to get people to also see it from our side!

Originally posted by Yodameister

Its hard to say either way, without knowing the people concerned.

What I'd ask is, why are you asking for advice? Is it because you suspect that it will stop you finding happiness with someone else?

I think if you are perfectly comfortable with your situation then you should carry on just as you are doing, but the fact you are posting on here suggests that you are not 100% comfortable with it.

I think that you probably know what you think is right and you are looking for confirmation.

Hello Yoda

Katharine and myself are both fine with our situation.

I originally put this thread but never asked for advice, just feedback about other people would cope if they came into our lives.