Change of name on passport

i got a passport 4 years ago in my maiden name as i then wasnt married, i recently married in august last year, ive enquired about changing my name on my passport due to now been married and they want to charge me £77.50 for it, thats the same price as a new passport, what a rip off !!!

Well anything to do with the Government and paying them for something is a rip off.

how can they justify £77.50, im still the same person, i still look the same ive only changed my surname, it makes my blood boil...

dont change it, just do it when it needs renewing....
Just remember to book holidays or trips in your maiden name though.

They have my name incorrect on my passport - which is their tough luck since I have a criminal record. :hihi:

Just book any holidays in the same name as shown on your passport, theres no need to change it before it needs to be renewed. As long as the name on the tickets matches up to the name on the passport, you'll have no problems.

thanx to all for your advice, think i,ll stick with the maiden name till my passport runs out. : )

Just book any holidays in the same name as shown on your passport, theres no need to change it before it needs to be renewed. As long as the name on the tickets matches up to the name on the passport, you'll have no problems.

Unless you are going to a country that frowns on unmarried people sleeping together. :hihi: