Alcoholics encouraged to brew their own as of October!

12 days from now it's the 1st of October 2011 and beer duty changes.

Rate £ per hectolitre per cent of alcohol in the beer

Beer - General Beer Duty

18.57 (old price)

18.57 (new price*) *-Beer exceeding 2.8% abv

Beer - High Strength: Exceeding 7.5%abv - in addition to the General Beer Duty

Nil___(old price)

4.64 (new price)

Beer - Lower Strength: Exceeding 1.2% - not exceeding 2.8% abv

Nil___(old price)

9.29 (new price)

Superdupers are going to increase in price by about 25% when this comes in. Alcoholics are going to be even more skint than they are now. :o

I advise all alcoholics to brew their own and save an absolute fortune...

Even if you only enjoy the occasional tipple, brew your own!

Or bend over and let the taxman take advantage of you...

But if you're an alcoholic won't you just break into the stills and drink it all? And you wouldn't even be able to wait until it was properly brewed so you wouldn't even really get drunk and would just end up with a big mess in your basement and have to buy cheap vodka from the petrol station anyway.

But if you're an alcoholic won't you just break into the stills and drink it all? And you wouldn't even be able to wait until it was properly brewed so you wouldn't even really get drunk and would just end up with a big mess in your basement and have to buy cheap vodka from the petrol station anyway.

Not if they brew so much, that they crate a lifetime supply!

(They might supp some of the first batch before it is ready...)

And once they have freed themselves from addiction-taxation-induced poverty, they can live fuller lives...

Shocking news Chem. How much will Stella go up? I might have to get 3rd job at this rate. And vote green.

Shocking news Chem. How much will Stella go up? I might have to get 3rd job at this rate. And vote green.

It shouldn't, it isn't a strong lager...

But oranjeboom superduper, special brew, kestrel super, breakers super, warka super, tennets super etc. will. ;)

It shouldn't, it isn't a strong lager...

But oranjeboom superduper, special brew, kestrel super, breakers super, warka super, tennets super etc. will. ;)

I have observed. And taken part. I think we really need to go down the route of 'brew your own', it shirely cannot be worst! Tins of puke inducing drink needs to be sorted.

Nick Clegg is a butt muncher.

Watch out for oranjeboom too, their standard childrens' lager has been reduced from 5% to 4.7%, not even fit to give a baby! (unless you top it up with a shot of wodka).

Watch out for oranjeboom too, their standard childrens' lager has been reduced from 5% to 4.7%, not even fit to give a baby! (unless you top it up with a shot of wodka).

Yeah! 8 cans for Five notes has to be a con. My ex mate Bert, reckons that stuff just water and squashed downed peas. With old beer mats in the mix. He normally right on stuff like this.

Stella Artois is chav juice, only chavs sup it.

And no, I don't... I prefer Real Ale.

Not that stuff from a pump Rich!! It will give you 'pee burn'. Or whatever that Docter of Eastenders called it :gag::D

At least now we know that not all real ale drinkers are real men.