Travellers in your back yard

Travellers in my back yard  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Travellers in my back yard

• I don't mind
    • No opinion
    • No thanks

Looking at the poll, I do hope someone from the council takes note. The voice of the people has spoken, it will more than likely be do as your told though.

Looking at the poll, I do hope someone from the council takes note. The voice of the people has spoken, it will more than likely be do as your told though.

since when has Sheffield Council EVER listened to the voters of Sheffield. :|

Trouble with that way of thinking is, there's not many good so called gypsies around...

Theres a site at Halfway on the industrial estate, god its a bloody mess, its scary having to walk past...:(

I work next to that place and all they do is break in the buildings.

I wouldnt walk past there you must be a brave woman/man (username says male picture says female) :hihi:

I said to mu husband, yesterday, " why can't they just let them stay, and charge rent and council tax".

He explained that it wasn't only just about that, and if they get the right to stay, then any greenbelt, spare piece of land would give anyone the right to do what they wanted, and build anything anywhere.

I didn't realise that, but I understand now.

I don't mind anybody living the life that they choose as long as it's at their own expense and doesn't infringe on anybody else's peace and lifestyle. I just think most 'travellers' want the moon on a stick. Take the Dale farm farce; Basildon council are evicting people off the part of land that these 'Travellers' have built permanent houses on without planning permission. This has been going on for 10 years and these people have not moved on or 'travelled' since.

They would be allowed to live in caravans on the greenbelt land......as was the initial agreement I believe.

These people are now demanding land, from the council, for 400 people to live on.

It's a joke. I can't think of any other 'Ethnic minority' in this country that would do that; even under 'Human Rights' law. I bet the solictiors, getting the legal aid that these people will be claiming, have been clapping their hands for the last 10 years.

These 'Travellers' want their alternative lifestyle but they fully use the NHS, Schools and benefit systems that all us non travelling house dwellers pay for.

I know, everybody who's had their name down on the council list for years in Sheffield, let's all get together and demand a piece of land on the outskirts of the city ie Lodge Moor, Fulwood, Grenoside, Bradfield etc and then we can live in caravans Ie, 3 bed house size prefabs on legs that we can stay in for the next 50 or so years, on it.

If it can be demanded by one section of society, why not us :)

I suspect that a lot of these cases as with immigration are more to do with fear of retribution than much else. It's clear that councils/government know what they want to do but they're afraid to rock the human rights boat. They're willing to tackle weaker individuals but groups pose a problem.

Do they still sell Pegs, or am I a little behind the times ?

oh geez i remember regularly hiding under the dining room table with my mum as a child to avoid the gypsies seeing us while they were out selling pegs or cloths (under the table was the only place downstairs they could see from the windows, they used to go right round the house banging on the windows)

:hihi:

They sell daargs as well.

They also sell jewelery and antiques .................... Usually other peoples. :)