Battle of Britain Parade, Sheffield 18/9/11

It isn't OTT as such. The parade consited of about 110 cadets plus 15 or so staff, the Oughtibridge Brass Band, the standard bearers so for the Police were needed for the parade to proceed along the road safely. You have to bear in mind that as there were cadets involved there is a duty of care over them and due to insurances and permissions given by Headquarters Air Cadets, the parade would only have been permitted to proceed along the intended route with Police supervision. As it happened, the parade marched in single file to the catherderal which was a shame.

on the paths might i add so it wasnt really a parade as such which is a shame!!

Very true. We were able to complete the memorail around the Cenotaph which was good. We were able to pay our respects and lay wreaths. It was the parade to and from the Catherderal which would have completed the day. There is always next year.

According to today's Telegraph,

"Wreaths were laid at the war memorial... A march to the Cathedral was accompanied by Oughtibridge Brass Band."

Do you think they were at the same event?

i go down to the cenotaph every year for the remembrance day service.in the speech it says "god bless the immigrants" but there is not 1 immigrant who turns up to support the veterans and the soldiers who are there.why is this.:mad::mad:

Perhaps they don't know about it.

I must admit, I didn't until reading this. I just saw the thread title and thought it was a shame because I know someone who would have liked to have gone, if they'd have known about it.

What are the odds on us getting any sort of statement from Sheffield's finest? :rolleyes:

Perhaps they don't know about it.

I must admit, I didn't until reading this. I just saw the thread title and thought it was a shame because I know someone who would have liked to have gone, if they'd have known about it.

how can they have not known about it.poopys are sold every ware from october and its in the news.

i go down to the cenotaph every year for the remembrance day service.in the speech it says "god bless the immigrants" but there is not 1 immigrant who turns up to support the veterans and the soldiers who are there.why is this.:mad::mad:

How would you know? Do you know what immigrants look like?

It's only a minuscule percentage of the half million or so people of Sheffield that go to the Cenotaph every year any way, why single out immigrants for particular mention?

How would you know? Do you know what immigrants look like?

It's only a minuscule percentage of the half million or so people of Sheffield that go to the Cenotaph every year any way, why single out immigrants for particular mention?

Why only chip in when immigrants are mentioned? :P

Why only chip in when immigrants are mentioned? :P

You must have missed my earlier contribution a short while ago on the verruca thread, as far as I know it wasn't about Verrucans. :hihi:

You must have missed my earlier contribution a short while ago on the verruca thread, as far as I know it wasn't about Verrucans. :hihi:

Damn them Verrucans.

Coming over here, taking our jobs and our houses!!

DAMN THEM ALL THE HELL!!

Yeah, must of mist it mate.

Sorry.