Free 12 month McAfee subscription from HSBC

just letting anyone on HSBC online banking know that they are giving a free 12 month subscription free for McAfee anti-virus and internet security.

dont know how long they been doin this but just found out my self and thought i would let those know who dont have a clue about this.

ye but thats just to download the free version. on the HSBC website they pre-pay for your 12 month McAfee licence and it has a special referal link to their site where you set up your account to activate your pre-paid licence and then u download and install it and sign in to activate the licence.

So I'm not sure what the thread is for?

Are you saying don't use HSBC because they want you to use such a useless piece of software that it makes you distrustful of the banks own security?

the first few words of my first post makes it quite obvious to be honest.

its to let anyone on HSBC online banking know about this offer if they did not know about it.

Avoid it - just get a decent free one instead.

Otherwise you'll just be mucking about in 12 months time when the free part expires.

Its been said millions of times on this forum that McAfee is a terrible piece of antivirus software, so I don't see why the OP (who is a regular poster on this forum) is recommending it. As others have said, avoid it and use a free alternative instead.

Yorkshire bank also encourage you to download some anti virus software when you log onto internet banking, can't remember what its called, but its free, and not McAfee

So I'm not sure what the thread is for?

Are you saying don't use HSBC because they want you to use such a useless piece of software that it makes you distrustful of the banks own security?

That would be that joke of a piece of software called Rapport.

i find McAfee alright. not having any problems. plus its a free licence and i have not had to pay for it.

just trying to be helpfull.

i have never heard anyone complain about McAfee at all.

i dont see what the problem is, it does the job, it protects your computer, its not caused any issues for me at all.

i have tried AVG and that is crap because it just slows your pc down, avast keeps breaking all the time and says crap about package being broken and i have to reinstall it, its done this with my pc, my mums and my dads laptop.

the other day i had some right trouble removing avast off my dads laptop as it has messed up.

and before anyone says, no our computers are perfectly fine and are not a pile of rubish, they are good spec and run smooth.

I once had McAfee Anti-virus on my pooter, it was better than Norton but it was still crap IMO.

Norton Anti-virus killed me pooter! :rant:

I once had McAfee Anti-virus on my pooter, it was better than Norton but it was still crap IMO.

Norton Anti-virus killed me pooter! :rant:

ye norton is just shocking, it messes with your internet settings and then when you go remove it, your internet has trouble connecting then.

it just shows how useless norton is because i can remember years back when it was about £99 to buy, but now you can get it for £29.

i have never heard anyone complain about McAfee at all.

It gets nearly as many complaints about it as Norton used to.

Absolute rubbish.

it messes with your internet settings

As does McAfee.