Did anyone else see a 'UFO' last week?

First of all, this isn't a joke, I'm not making it up, and I'm not a crazy person...but I saw something I've never seen before in the sky last Thursday morning (around 1am). Whilst in the garden at work (Broomhill) during my night shift, smoking a quick ciggie, something caught my eye. A large, arrowhead shaped 'thing' was visible in a clear section of the night sky. It moved very quickly, in a slick, straight line, then disappeared behind the next cloud. What struck me the most was that it appeared to be very shiny, or possibly glowing a silver colour. I also was taken aback by the 'crispness' of the shape, in that its edges were perfectly straight and solid (not fuzzy or blurred at all); in fact, the whole 'craft' looked very solid, even though it was travelling very quickly.

It was definitely NOT a jumbo jet, WW2 bomber, air balloon, stealth bomber, bird, etc, etc...

Now I'm not saying that it was alien either, as it could be a new MOD/NASA something-or-other. What I do know is that I didn't imagine this, and am still very surprised by it.

I was hoping that someone else had also seen it, and posted about it, so I wouldn't have to be the local nutter around here. Alas no, and I am so curious about this, I just have to know!

I know it's going to be hard for the jokers to resist taking the p..s, but if you want to post something clever, at least make it actually funny please!

Thanks X

I have seen something very simular.

nav5.gif

I have seen something very simular.

nav5.gif

It looks like a yaht with no windows :D

Colt, thanks for you reply! It was similar, in that this is the correct shade of colour. However, the 'thing' I saw was much wider, and went in at the back...like an equilateral triangle with a smaller triangle/wedge cut out at the rear. I'll have to draw a little picture for people to see, but I'm not sure how (insert a jpeg?).

X

No, like I already said, I definitely didn't imagine this. I wasn't just 'seeing things', it was extremely clear! I'm the sort of person who likes to dismiss weird sightings/happenings (or explain them with logic, if possible), but this was a very definite, real sighting.

X

You're not crazy and you didn't imagine it. At night your eyes don't work well at all, non illuminated colour vision is close to zero, you can have no idea how high it was, how big or small it was, etc.

Humans are very good at witnessing something and then subconsciously filling in the gaps from the imagination. There's virtually zero chance of it being anything as exciting as a test aircraft, even less a visit from space. It will have something mundane like an aeroplane, a cloud, a bird, or a black bin liner.

Edited by Tony

was it the space station...

That's what I thought.

Did it appear bigger or smaller than the moon?

could it of been this /www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14957549 its a satelite heading back to earth dont know how to link it sorry

looks like these ciggies youre having might have something else in them ;)