Traffic Problems in Sheffield on Monday 21 November

Its a nightmare...took me an hour to get home from Hallam uni on Collegiate Crescent back to Nether Edge (a mile)

........also this idiot got out of his car and proceded to swear at me for no reason (I had cars in front and behind me and couldnt move at all, exactly the same as him). I pointed out that I was in the same position as him and I also wanted to get home, to which he called me several swear words then went to knock on someone elses window to shout at them too!!!!!!!! Actually upset me lots as I hadnt done anything I was simply sitting in the traffic

Prob should have walked the mile to be honest but its sooo cold

Got home faster than normal tonight. Probably because everyone else is stuck elsewhere :)

Left home - Longley - to go to Sainsbury's at Abbeydale at 5.45. Got to end of Norwood Rd at 6.35. Three quarters of a bloody mile!! Traffic on Barnsley Rd - townwards - not moving and queuing through lights stopping Norwood Rd traffic from going through on green. Gave up and turned left to come back home [busting for a pee].

Question: Why isn't traffic allowed to turn left from Barnsley Rd onto Herries Rd at Fir Vale??? No rhyme, no reason!!!! Bloody idiot traffic planners!!!! Had to drive to Longley Park College and back through the estate from the other direction. Are the traffic people just put on this planet to pee people off???:rant:

Originally posted by molar

Got home faster than normal tonight. Probably because everyone else is stuck elsewhere :)

At least the gritters are getting through, - wonder whether they will on Friday if it snows :P

What a nightmare!!!! Came out of work off Penistone road at 5.30pm. Right turn onto Penistone road blocked by car waiting to turn right, in turn left(Hillsborough)/Turn right(City Centre)Lane. You'd would have thought after sitting there 10 mins he would have realised he wasn't going anywhere and gone left to find another way or at least shifted out of the way to stop traffic building up behind him to Infirmary road. Eventually squeezed down pavement to turn right to head towards Hillsborough and got home at Wincobank at 6.25pm - 4 BLOODY MILES AWAY!!!!!

it's still quite bad. i thought i would have missed is but it has just taken fifteen minutes for my tram to get from Cavendish to top of west street. hope Hillsborough isn't bad when we get there...

There's a car abandoned on Upper Hanover Street near West Street and another one on St Mary's Gate. Just taken me an hour and twenty minutes to travel about 1 mile!

Latest rumour (reported by my son who's just come in) is that it was a coordinated gridlock to protest at the bus fare rises.

Hmm, not sure about that one, but if true it was certainly effective!

Originally posted by saxon51

Left home - Longley - to go to Sainsbury's at Abbeydale at 5.45.

You could have gone to Netto at Lane Top and saved yourself some hassle :hihi:

You think you got it bad?!

Ifinished college at 3:15, went to wait for a bus in Hillsborough and could not get on one till 6:45!!!

About 10 buses passed in that time, none of which were the ones i wanted and they could not anyone on!

i finished work at 5 and just got home 10 minutes ago, 2 hours and 45 minutes to go about 8 miles ! shockin

Three hours, to get from hillsborugh to Laughton, near Dinnington.

It took me two of those hours to get out of the city centre.

First got stuck at the bottom of Rutland road trying to get to the Parkway then headed up in to the city and.....well I'll not bore you with the route map save to say thanks to the city planners and volume of traffic it took me two hours to go round the centre and get back up to brook hill island.

I then had to drive up Manchester road and across the top of Stannington, Oughtibridge,Grenoside and High Green to get on the M1 at Tankersley.

I feel a sicky coming on for tomorrow

ttfn *cough cough*

Question: Why isn't traffic allowed to turn left from Barnsley Rd onto Herries Rd at Fir Vale??? No rhyme, no reason!!!! Bloody idiot traffic planners!!!![/b]

Because Norwood Road is quicker and they want you to use that. Barnsley Road into Herries Road is also quite a sharp turn. A bus or lorry would have trouble there if they were to turn left.