Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

Yes it is an interesting link.

This is an interesting site too.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/drugs/

You would think with the amount of times i had seen the word cannabis on the forum i would have at least managed to get the spelling right on my last post.

I totally agree with letting people grow their own for personal use. Then there would no longer be dealers because there would be no or very little demand.

Im also very sick of hearing the excuse of the damage canabis can do to its users.

Does smoking cigarettes and drinking alchol not cause damage and death?

Im not saying either is right but it is really stupid for government and judges to brandish cannabis dangerous but young people can buy fags and alchol until their hearts content.

Not so long ago had a man telling this kid what damage cannabis will do to him.....while he had a fag in his hand. Lol

I totally agree with letting people grow their own for personal use. Then there would no longer be dealers because there would be no or very little demand.

Im also very sick of hearing the excuse of the damage canabis can do to its users.

Does smoking cigarettes and drinking alchol not cause damage and death?

Im not saying either is right but it is really stupid for government and judges to brandish cannabis dangerous but young people can buy fags and alchol until their hearts content.

Not so long ago had a man telling this kid what damage cannabis will do to him.....while he had a fag in his hand. Lol

So well put. As in my last post on this thread, if you look atthe amount of opiates I am on .. And the fact that mixing tramadol with fluoxetine can cause Serotonin syndrome, I'm more at risk of being rushed to hospital with that than the occasional spliff.

I can't be bothered reading through the whole thread, so sorry if my comments have been made before.

Why charge a fee to grow cannabis? Why not just let people grow (say) six plants for personal use? It would pretty well at a stroke get rid of the criminal gangs who sell cannabis at a high profit now.

I just about remember when home brewing was legalised and that didn't have any bad effects despite dire warnings beforehand.

Apparently cannabis is legal to grow for personal use in the Czech republic (5 plants) and in these US states - http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

I can't be bothered reading through the whole thread, so sorry if my comments have been made before.

Why charge a fee to grow cannabis? Why not just let people grow (say) six plants for personal use? It would pretty well at a stroke get rid of the criminal gangs who sell cannabis at a high profit now.

I just about remember when home brewing was legalised and that didn't have any bad effects despite dire warnings beforehand.

Apparently cannabis is legal to grow for personal use in the Czech republic (5 plants) and in these US states - http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

When was home brew illegal? :o

When was home brew illegal? :o

Before 1963. Home distilling still is illegal, unlike in a lot of European countries.

from what i have been told.....and dont quote me....its not legal, but you can get away with growing 4 plants for your own use, and you will not face jail, the fella who the original post talks about, was growing 9.....so i can see why he got jail...personally, if you want to grow a bit for yourself, then i say why not, but anyone taking the mick, and making it into a cottage industry, which you can make alot of money deserve whats coming to them. but they know the risks more than anyone else, and probably see it as a risk very worth taking, alot of money for not much effort.

can you make bricks, mortar, tiles etc out of cannabis?

A whole new meaning to the term greenhouse.

Edited by Lounge Jay

I think this should be linked to the untidy soical housing garden thread.

If a hybread canabiss plant was found that could survive the british weather, would this mean social housing tenants would do their gardens?

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but Uruguay is the latest government to start to put prohibition behind it. I doubt it'll be replaced by a smoking crater and abject anarchy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/uruguay/9347452/Uruguay-marijuana-sales-to-be-controlled-by-state.html

can you make bricks, mortar, tiles etc out of cannabis?

Kind of...

Building material

Main article: hempcrete

Concrete-like blocks made with hemp and lime have been used as an insulating material for construction. Such blocks are not strong enough to be used for structural elements; they must be supported by a brick, wood, or steel frame.[27]

The first example of the use of hempcrete was in 1986 in France with the renovation of the Maison de la Turque in Nogent-sur-Seine by the innovator Charles Rasetti.[28] The Renewable House was the UK's first home made from hemp-based materials.[29] Construction was completed in 2009. The first US home made of hemp-based materials was completed in August 2010 in Asheville, North Carolina.[30]