I have a Meeting with Nick Clegg

Ask him if he is for, or against, a sixth terrestrial television channel. Also, count your fingers after shaking hands with him.

Does he plan on replacing the council housing that was sold off and knocked down by Thatcher, Major, Blair, Prescott and Brown?

Very little, if any, of that would fall within his own constituency. You are not allowed to raise national issues at this surgery.

If your problem has already been resolved why not cancel your appointment and make way for someone who needs to see him.

I have a meeting at his next surgery confirmed.

The trouble is, I aksed for it for a specific reason....which, since a recent government U-turn, means I no longer need to berate him about it.

So, what constituency issue should I focus on?

Obviously I have some ideas, but I'm interested in others ideas. Sensible suggestions only, and not the ususal boring, and easily batted subjects like the state of the roads.

given the soon to be in place new planning rules - will he support the building of new houses on the countryside around Sheffield or oppose this?

How about the fact that old folks in Council properties are being 'forced' to get rid of their scooters from convenient locations within sheltered blocks?

And are supposedly rich and can pay for an exterior metal container to put them in, power supply & vandalism issues notwithstanding?

And who was in charge of banking regulation at the time? :rolleyes:

The Conservatives and New Labour, the only party who can claim innocence in the failure to provide a sensible degree of regulation is the Lib Dem party

Ask him why he wants to bring forward civil building programs to create jobs but yet he ridiculed labour for spending to create jobs.

And who was in charge of banking regulation at the time? :rolleyes:

Not the trades unions. There was a Labour government that did what it wanted, or rather what George Bush and other free-marketeers wanted. But that's not the trades unions. Trades unions stupidly bankroll the Labour party and get very little back. Labour worked for the bankers and let them do more or less what they wanted.

Edited by LeMaquis

The Conservatives and New Labour, the only party who can claim innocence in the failure to provide a sensible degree of regulation is the Lib Dem party

That's only because they never held power in this period, and judging by their record of kow-towing to the Cons now that they are in a coalition they would, no doubt IMO have done the same as regards the Bankers.

Edited by wednesday1

Ask him about the status of the forgemasters loan.

Ask him to ban unions bringing this country to its knees while there leaders sit on there fat cat pay ;)

Makes me laugh, paying into a private pension then finding out im contributing more to public ones than my own...people need to get in the real world and stop looking for blame. Just get on with life and enjoy it !!

Does that include you?

Ask him to ban unions bringing this country to its knees while there leaders sit on there fat cat pay ;)

Makes me laugh, paying into a private pension then finding out im contributing more to public ones than my own...people need to get in the real world and stop looking for blame. Just get on with life and enjoy it !!

Ask him why morons who can't spell are allowed to walk amongst us and throw insults!