Living With HIV

Thanks for having the courage to talk about your awful experiences lifegoeson, I'd never considered the issue of male rape or HIV before and your courage and fortitude through this awful crime and it's result have definately made me a lot more aware.

Hope the ******** who did it will get caught eventually and they throw away the key.

But alcoholism is an illness in itself and cirrosis of the liver is a consequence of that illness.
No, alcoholism has been labelled an 'illness' by the professional excuse-makers, but it's just a self-imposed condition.

The 'illness' was dreamed up to satisfy the current trend for nobody to be responsible for their own stupidity.

No, alcoholism has been labelled an 'illness' by the professional excuse-makers, but it's just a self-imposed condition.

The 'illness' was dreamed up to satisfy the current trend for nobody to be responsible for their own stupidity.

Utter nonsense I'm afraid. Alcoholism very definitely is an illness and there's a large body of scientific evidence to support that.

You clearly choose to use your own ill informed prejudice to arrive at your opinion, rather than science, so it doesn't really cut any ice.

Besides, what makes you think there's any useful comparison to be made between the two?

And I suppose in your world depression is all in the mind too.

Anyway I digress from the fact that you seem to be hijacking the thread of a very brave man, lifegoeson.

crimewatch tonight just shows Rape can be reported years after, I just not sure if im'e ready or ever will be..

then theres that policewoman on corrie ide hate to get someone like her.

crimewatch tonight just shows Rape can be reported years after, I just not sure if im'e ready or ever will be..

Do it mate. Bring the ******** to justice. Your original post really moved me so if you need help dealing with the police or any other assistance to get an investigation underway then I'm happy to help in any way i can. My contact details are on my website which is linked in my sig.

Cheers

Andy.

Drinking til your liver goes dead is no an illness, It's just plain selfish.

Back to topic, I almost had a tear in my ey reading that and I don't cry for anything. I hope you get the justice you deserve.

On another note though I imagine there are a lot more male on male rapes than any one is aware of, Mainly because no one reports them, I haven't read any books or seen them for sale, any Tv programs about any male individual being raped etc. I honestly think if you brought a book out you would find a seller for it very very quickly. This life changing incident could some how hopefully bring you financial success.

Take your time. Since now that you know you can indeed report it, then the option is there. Though, I would encourage you to collect the evidences, and journal any thoughts, memories into words. Or just type them up now as the memories comes and goes ?

I am not sure if you are seeing a counsellor now. I would ask the counsellor whether you can record the conversations that you guys have because you may want to report it in the future. Even if it is to revisit it years later or whatever. Journalling, writing, or recording any thoughts, memories of the incidence will at least capture the information that exist now. You can burn, throw it away, whatever, or to turn into a case or a book (if you do not mind the publicity, or if you want to remain anonymous), it is there. I do hope that such options will give you some kind of peace though. To get it out of your system. Or to use it for justice. You may not want to make those kind of decisions now, but the option will always be there really. Yeh ?

As to seeing a policeman or policewoman, well, you can always ask whether your wife can be present too when taking these statements, so that you can have someone be there to focus your attention a little bit. (I have been in meetings where I am 3rd party, and I am allowed to interject.) Maybe that can be a method to use when giving a statement. Though, you do not have to go to the police asap if you are not ready. That is the most important point.

Maybe talk to your wife about these kind of things, even as a sounding board. Sometimes it focuses you, or it leads your mind to a decision. Ultimately, the most important point is, what do you wish to do really. :)

Edited by salsafan

If your father or mine needed a liver after decades of alcohol,abuse, would we want them to receive that liver as a priority above a young victim of a traumatic incident, for example?

No, but I'd still feel sorry for him.

What a very moving account of terrible events LGO. You are indeed a very brave person and because you have taken a massive step towards mending the damage that those vile people did to you...........things will get better.

Just being able to relate so much of what happened to you is a definate sign of your determination to move on. You have taken the first step and because of that you are now kicking sand into the eyes of those that committed this violation against you.

They are the lowest of the low and their lives are worthless. They are going nowhere fast but you on the other hand will recover from what they have done to you both mentally and also physically.

You will go on to live a full and healthy life and by coming on here and relating what happened to you just shows me what a very strong person you are.

I do think that as has been suggested, you should journal everything and maybe one day soon you will feel strong enough to report it to the police. It is entirely down to you though but hopefully you will arrive at a point in time when you feel that "animals" like those that severely assaulted you have to be locked up and punished. Who knows how many others have suffered the same as you did but also felt/feel unable to speak about it.

Scum like those don't normally stop at one victim so there could be many others who feel as you do about coming forward, and maybe there are also some that have allready come forward but need others to speak out as well before a rock solid case can be brought against these criminals.

It would actually be interesting to know of other reports of the same or similar crimes in that area.........I bet you aren't the only one.

Also, unless crimes such as this are reported then the police can't be aware. It is vitally important for them to know whats going on in certain area's. You could report it anonymously............they would still have to log it somewhere. You don't need to be put yourself under pressure right now if that's what you want...................but please think carefully about actually reporting it. If only to make the police aware. Who knows......the scum might actually be caught and locked up as a result.

What they have done to you and your family is terrible and they must be made to pay for it.

I am sending you and yours big virtual hugs anyhow. I really do wish you all the very best in getting your life back on track. You are a very strong man and you will succeed. xx

Do what is right for you when it is right for you. No one in this thread can tell you what to do about the terrible events that happened. If you want to take the details to your grave then do so.

I don't think Corrie helped very much at all. I know the police need to remain impartial but they were just being cold and harsh. Something i doubt would happen in real life.