Living With HIV

You have my every support lifegoeson. I cried when I read your thread, but I also wanted to say that, thank you for sharing this online. As an internet user, I have read such stories as yours online in my life, and I have learnt from real people the stories of inhumanity, and I thank you for teaching me this, and making me understand.

When I read your story, I felt so angry. The kind that really makes me stand on your side, and want to see those guys in jail if anything? Cos what they did was so damn irresponsible and inhumane. If anything, they should really get a good look at themselves and understand the context of their own infected selves too. One presumes that there are also a possibility that all 3 of these people are?

If there is going to be a book out on this. I shall buy it. Please let me know if there is any other way to support your story. I presume that you will go ahead and write about it. The other idea that came to my mind was, whether you would publish as an anonymous writer or other, in popular magazines like Men's Health. Or even GQ. If anything, your story makes me think one of morality and responsibility as a person. Cos those damn guys did not think about that at all. I hope they go to jail.

I hope that you have reported it to the police and let them take appropriate actions and not let them get away from infecting others further. Though I respect your wishes for privacy and so forth. Thank you for sharing this. Yours is one of the first story I have ever come across about male rape. Thank you for keeping it real.

Could you elaborate on that. ?

Was it late at night. ?

Where had you been. ?

Did you strike up a conversation with theses people in a club or pub etc, and thought it was safe to walk home with them. ?

I'm just interested in the circumstances of what happened.

Sorry if this is prying too much.

I think your questions are, in this case, definitely too much prying.

It does not matter a jot, about the who, the where, and the why.

What matters is that the OP was violated, and contracted HIV as a result.

IMO, that's 'Nuff said.

Insensitive maybe. Are you suggesting he may have been asking for it?

Or it could be they are insinuating that there's "Good" AIDS, and "Bad" AIDS...?

LGO:- keep well, and be happy.

Insensitive maybe. Are you suggesting he may have been asking for it?

Not at all, how did you surmise that. :huh:

It does not matter a jot, about the who, the where, and the why.

I never intimated it did. :huh:

What a strange reply.

I had not even seen the guys while i was out or even nodded my head at em or anything

I had been out with a group of mainly women from work and I as i always did made sure they got there taxis so i new they were gonna be ok.

It was not a late night so i decided on a kebab and walked while i ate it we a friend,he went one way and i went the other to then try flag a taxi myself to no avail.

I got to the top of rutland road and turned left uptowards shirecliffe.

I was half way up when i first saw the guys bit rowdy but dint think owt of it at the time and carried on walking, next thing i new they wer behind me i couldn't see there faces or anything.

I was then being shoved in to side were its open ground we trees don't know what its called, i was then in a headlock shoved to the ground and held there by there feet and raped by each of them. thats about as much detail i can and want to go in to.

Did i ask for it i think not ...

are comments still being able to be left on here ? i aint had any sinc i added my last reply x

Indeed they are lifegoeson. It was such a harrowing event with such a sad and unfair outcome that i (and i am guessing most people), don't really know what i can say that i didn't say in my last post :(

Don't feel you need to add any details though. It was bad enough that this happened to you. You shouldn't write anything you don't feel comfortable with. Only post them if you feel it is helping you.

I think Stupid Head did ask what a lot of us did not really want to read or hear. Which are the details. I kind of hoped that I would read the details in my private time as well. Cos I also found it way too harrowing in a public context. Please know that it is not because I do not want to read such things, but the details will drum up my real angry immoral passion embedded in me that I too would want to see those guys jailed. I too, do not want to go to that dark place myself too. I think it is a dark feeling that people do not want to bring up. Though, I do want to whole-heartedly say that, I am pleased to see you write your account to notify others of the horror of society. As well as your wife being so loyal and loving in this instance too. Cos it gave me hope in knowing that there are indeed possibilities of good loving relationships out there.

I think that, you should indeed, if you feel up to it, to work with the police and find a way to put these guys behind jail. I also do think that, you should consider publicising this in a book. Or a publication as a way to let others know of the horrors of society. I will say that, I too was more vigilant when I am out and about in Sheffield after I read what you wrote here. So I thank you for sharing that with us.

Will you let us know of any good results from either the book publication or the work with the police ? :)

I think Stupid Head did ask what a lot of us did not really want to read or hear. Which are the details.

For me, personally, it does not matter one jot how LGO contracted thisexpletive of a disease was . The concern for me is that he has, and he needs our support and help.

I'm concerned that the idea can come in, when someone is interrogated as to the how, that there's such a thing as "Good AIDS" and "Bad AIDS".

I think a book would really bring things out for everyone, Its just something i wouldn't knowhere to go for help or for publishing if it was thought to be good enough...

plus i aint that good we the writing context either lol but something i may do..

would like to thank everyone for all there support and kindness to my post,took a lot for me to do it but i am so glad i did xx

Well, in terms of publicising this. Will you consider the more liberal and fair men's magazines like Men's Health ? (I think it is the male equivalent to Marie Claire. Marie Claire have some really good articles and stories that affect women everywhere. I am guessing that Men's Health is similar.) Either that, or even just online articles to charities like Rape Crisis ? It is entirely down to yourself, on how comfortable you want to let others know, and how anonymous you want to be and so forth. Though, I do think that the message that you sent out was a very meaningful one.

It does not matter about the writing, the editorial team will edit the piece before publications, but the permission from yourself to post or publish the information, how much, and in what depth, needs to be decided from yourself. That is how I understand the publishing world works. Maybe this is something that you can discuss with your wife too ? She may be concerned about the fact that it may or may not being an article, or she may have ideas of what is appropiate too.

thankx salsafan i think mens health could be a good choice, does anyone know how i can contact then to see if there interested xx