Living With HIV

what a terrible thing to happen.....did these guys ever get caught and convicted ?

thank god you have a loving supportive wife.

all the best for the future x

Thank you for sharing this. In the light of all the negativity, quarreling and shallowness that shows its face on this forum; your story and your passion to share with us your journey over the last few years shines through and reminds us why SF exists.

I imagine that your post inspired, brought hope to and informed a good many people.

Thanks for drumming up the courage to tell us your story

Why Dear Forum? The guy obviously isn't ashamed to post it.

Good luck fella.

Ah, i didn't quite mean it in that way, i meant it would have passed through a mod, who would have made it readable before posting it. :)

At the time when it happened i couldn't report it i felt so DIRTY and HUMILIATED. And knew i couldn't cope we all questions.

The guys who did this i never knew them or ever met them before in my life, It was just a random attack which was quite vicious at times.

I Wish i could make them pay for infecting me and for putting me through all of this hell.

Things still go through my head now did one of them know they had HIV ? lf so how could you knowingly risk infecting someone else.

I hope one ot them is reading this you destroyed my LIFE but now its slowly getting better as i have all i need round me...

I'm confused, did you get infected with HIV on March 5th 2009 or 28th November 2008 ?

I wish you and your wife much love and happiness and a long future together. Remember to keep talking to each other don't bottle things up, enjoy your life and your family.

Good Luck. xx

I'm confused, did you get infected with HIV on March 5th 2009 or 28th November 2008 ?

I'm a bit confused about that too, but anyway, I think you're brave to come on here and tell your story. The best of luck with the future and your health.

I think you're brave to come on here and tell your story.

yes, I agree with that.

It doesnt matter that this story is not set out into paragraphs. It is so interesting that I read it straight off. I agree with the above poster that its a very brave thing to come on a forum and tell us all his story.:)

Did the Police do anything about the rape ?

He mentioned that only his councilor and doctor knew about it. It sounds to me like it was never reported.

I'm a bit confused about that too, but anyway, I think you're brave to come on here and tell your story. The best of luck with the future and your health.

That's why i wanted to come back to this after some sleep and a clear head, in case i missed something.

He said

it was 2 years ago, March 5th at 11.13am 2009. Yeah, exact time and date, I remember it that well...getting a phone call from the GUM (sexual health) clinic from the nurse
which quite clearly says this time and date was from the nurse calling him advising him to come in.

He then goes on later to say

I got infected with HIV on 28th November 2008, which was 4 months previously

again pretty clear.

Thank you for opening my eyes to HIV. I have to admit that i know very little about HIV and AIDS. I just assumed that once it was contracted a person was then on borrowed time. As you have pointed out, that is not the case at all.

I think you are an incredibly brave person Lifegoeson. I hope writing this down has helped you in some way and i really hope you go on to lead a full and happy life.

Sorry to hear

Edited by FACEBOOK