How fishing has changed

crikey has'nt fishing changed, as a kid my dad on a sat night would have us put stale bread in the oven then into the mincer for our ground bait this after we had dug the garden for worms, we would go to bed early and in an excited state, our fibre glass rods, wicker baskets ,old clothes and wellies all ready for our trip to hubbards bridge or anywhere on the witham .i still go fishing but use a £600 pole sit on a basket with a platform park my car behind my peg have'nt uaed a maggot or worm in ages won loads of matches using pellets and my fishing clothes are more like a uniform BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ? I miss thse early years Tight lines everyone

Last time I went fishing must have been about 15 years ago, and yes, I remember making my own groundbait.

Always used to take a couple of flasks of industrial strength "camp" coffee - god that was strong stuff at 6am !!!

I caught my first ever fish using worm on a size 16 hook while sitting in the pouring rain on a wicker basket that creaked like mad every time i moved. It was a Tommy Ruffe caught at about 5am on a Sunday morning on the Arbourthorne pond and i was hooked :)

ha ha the old wicker basket, my god, they were uncomfortable too.

i remember when i first started to go fishing and i was lucky if i got 2 bites per day on my cheap rod and reel, obviously a waggler set up cos no other method had been invented .

now im disspaointed if i dont get 2 bites in 30 seconds and my my god, i dont miss it one bit.

hope the revolution carries on

i remember suffering from 'basket bum' on my wicker basket until i got a thick piece of foam to put on top! my first rod had brass ferrules which stuck together when they got wet. when i got one of the first carbon rods to come on the market i couldn't believe how light it was even though i had a top of the range fibre glass model.