Sheffield Indian Restaurants / Curry Houses

Originally posted by AngelEyes

I'd have to say the Balti King up Broomhill. One because the food was lovely and two because it's the only one i've been to! :lol:

You have to go somewhere else, anywhere, no matter how bad because this IS the worse curry house in Sheffield. Been once only (and not through choice , someone elses) and i will never go again. It is a place for students who have never tasted curry before and want to try something not too different. It is not even worth it when they put the adverts out that they are doing 2 - 4 - 1 offer. Absolutely gross.

And they own Millenium across the road, which is just a bad. Some of that food in the window looks like it has been there forever. And did it not get closed down not long after it opened????? (i think they did balti king too???)

If you want expensive but very tasty try the Ashoka on Eccy road. the owner has a very impressive gut.

I agree, very impressive food. The Ambar further up the road toward the Banner Cross is also quite good.

Mangla is also a winner for me!

Caprice! LOL!! . . Are you one of these people who phones in when theres a phone vote 'YES', 'NO', 'I DON'T KNOW' and choose 'I dont know'?

Don't laugh at the blondness... :D At least I don't have curry breath!!! lol!

Try the New India Garden on Chesterfield Road Heeley. Always had a good meal in there. Very nice staff and they have at least one high chair. (Try panneer dishes)

For a meal after a night out The Bombay just off West Street is very very reasonable and more than edible Mr Khan (owner) also has Khans on West Street if you want to pay more. Staff often interchange between two resturants. (Try spinich dishes)

Oh yeah,

I tried Balti King twice. Not too good first time, second made me ill! Some time ago now but you won't catch me in there nor the millenium! Avoid at all reasonable costs!

Restaurants:

JAFLONG - Northfield Rd - dare I say by far the best in Sheff

BUTLERS BALTI HOUSE - Brook Hill / Jessops - a close 2nd

Takeways:

JAFLONG

BILASH - Sharrowvale Rd

MANZIL - Broomhill, nr old KFC

Avoid:

Balti King - Broomhill

Overrated:

Shapla, Nirmals, Kashmir

I think the Indian Chef on Crookes is actully better than the Jaflong recently.

Manzil is good for a take away though.

The only problem I have with the Indian Chef is that some of the tables are too close.

Got to say Butlers Balti House is one of the best,but the Induz at Attercliffe runs it a close second for me.

The 7 Spices at West Bar is very good. Has quite a different style of decor.

Originally posted by Ghosthunter

The 7 Spices at West Bar is very good. Has quite a different style of decor.

Totally agree 7 spices is great, staff are friendly too, been quite a few times and never been disappointed

Went to the Bombay last night,great meal as always and good value for money. Got stella on tap to.:D:partyhat: