Sheffield Indian Restaurants / Curry Houses

Last week we had the Keralan (King?) Fish curry, aubergine curry, channa masala, one rice and raita - vadai and poppadom for starters. Yum.

I'd avoid the fish fry - bloody gorgeous but poor value.

I'm not sure how they would do a take out dosa considering the size of the pancake?

If eating in get a dosa down ya washed down with a mango lassi.

thanks for that , any other recommendations ? Am going to try them tonight...

was thinking of Idli and Vadai to start ,

mixed veg curry and kerala fish curry

portion of rice and portion of raita

I took my son to Curry Canteen today, we were really impressed, very tasty curries. £8.50 for

1 onion bhaji

1x Lamb curry

1x Chicken curry

2x veg curry

2x spinach and potato curry

2x rice

2 drinks

The bloke who served us was very friendly and helpful, the only negative was that we were the only people in (at 1pm)

for me its either the butlers (cant remember where that is, went with my dad)

or the mangla

:)

last week we tried the one at crooks, just lower down from pa jewellry, for a indian,ithink its called............majahuna,it was very good the best poppodoms we have ever had, and the food was first class. and it is very clean ,and good comfortable chairs. its a family run restaurant, and we had a nice chat after our meal with the owner and his son cass the waiter. you can take your own wine or beer. we are going tonight just to try other dishes... 10 out of ten.ps the prices are very good

sorry its called.............maharajand it was spot on again

What's the best Indian on or very near to London Road. A few friends are coming down to watch United play Newcastle and we want a decent place.

i love mangla but also rajput on commonside is ace! they now do eat in and take away and royal spiceon south rd is lovely and really good prices

I had a lamb tikka from Rajput a few weeks ago and the lamb was absolutely atrocious -chewy, poor quality meat with little taste to it. And don't even get me started on the chicken korma. NOT good.

My favourites are Jeera at the top of Crookes, Moghul Room on Sharrowvale Road and for takeaway Manzels in Broomhill. Aagrah OK if you want to pay a lot for flashy surroundings and average food. Only been to Cafe Guru once, think food was OK but service terrible. My other half rates Ayesha's on Eccy Rd, but I'm afraid I don't. I've been to East&West once and it was good, keen to go again, just wish the surroundings were a bit nicer (as I don't think dosas lend themselves to being taken away to eat in the comfort of my own living room).

Visited Seven Spices at West Bar on Saturday night my wifes face was class as we went down the stairs (dont think she was very impressed) however how that changed once we were tucking into one of the best curry's ive ever had service was at times slow however this was fine as the placed was packed and we needed the rest between courses. They even gave us free coffee's after nice touch !

Fab place and ill deffo be going back

just two more on my Sheffield list

Mangla

Butlers Balti

I will update once they have been visited

has anyone been to the indian (amraj) at crystal peaks,have heard they have a buffet night on a monday...is this a set time and whats it like x

KHANS on west street all the way best staff you will ever meet and best indian you will ever have and very decant prices.