Sheffield Indian Restaurants / Curry Houses

A few people at work recommended Agrah's to me, so we took curry club* there one night. I wasn't that impressed, to be honest.

What's the general consensus / most-popular curry house so far?

I used to live in Chesterfield town centre, and there's a lovely place opposite the pomegranate theatre called Indian Blues, which is excellent. Prob one of the best curry houses I've been to.

P.S. I shouldn't have even told you about our curry club; 1st rule of curry club is "don't talk about curry club". Bugger!

All the best Indian restaurants are run by Bangladeshis.

They were the first wave of immigrants to open up curry restaurants and the ones we base our English love of curry on. Out with this "contemporary Indian" nonsense and rubbish restaurants opened by English born of Pakistani parents!

Nothing beats a good Bangladeshi curry house :thumbsup:

Is Mogul Rooms the one on Sharrowvale Road? I've found that pretty ordinary to be honest. Looks nice, but the food really isn't up to much.

Ashoka's is my favourite.

Mogul Room is good but Zara's in Crookes is the best I've been to yet. Consistently great food, nice atmosphere and relaxed friendly service.

All the best Indian restaurants are run by Bangladeshis.

They were the first wave of immigrants to open up curry restaurants and the ones we base our English love of curry on. Out with this "contemporary Indian" nonsense and rubbish restaurants opened by English born of Pakistani parents!

Nothing beats a good Bangladeshi curry house :thumbsup:

Well said , you cant compare with the Bangladeshi restaurants never mind beat them :D

what about pakistani restaurants? or afghans?

what about pakistani restaurants? or afghans?

They can not compete , simple as :D

not with the bangladeshis , the bangladeshis totally rule the currymaking scene :D

we went to bayleaves restaurant down ecclesfield a couple of week ago its run & owned by bangladeshis, excellent food reasonable prices

I like Momtaz on Chesterfield road. over from the Heeley retail park.

Good value

tastes great every time i've been

very friendly staff.

love it!

we went to bayleaves restaurant down ecclesfield a couple of week ago its run & owned by bangladeshis, excellent food reasonable prices

when i went which was around 2 moths ago it was awfull. it tasted like the ready meals you can but and heat up in the oven, if i didnt no any better then i would have sworn thats what they had done.

you cant beat the induz

when i went which was around 2 moths ago it was awfull. it tasted like the ready meals you can but and heat up in the oven, if i didnt no any better then i would have sworn thats what they had done.

you cant beat the induz

iv been going there for years & never had a bad 1 in fact it was in the paper recently getting rave reviews

we must have been on a bad night bas we have been before years ago and it was ok,