Someone actually wants to marry me!! What a loon!

get a scrap book going ripping pages from bridal magazines, photos of something you have seen, ask for little samples from here, there and everywhere. My sister did that and turned out to be organised chaos. You'll be suprised at actually how much you already know what you want but by putting it in one place helps the process.

Hi,

Congratulations!! Kepp me posted on how you get on finding outdoor space. This is exactly what we want to do, but I'm finding it hard to find somewhere that would accomodate our ideas and numbers. Woodland Countryside Club does look beautiful. Did you know you can use Sheffield Parks? Ecclesall Woods have an open space, and also a new indoor centre that can be used for the cicil ceremony. I'm sure your dog would love it there!

Claire xx

THank you! I've just found out about Ecclesall Woods holding weddings-HOW amazing would that be? The dog would think it was a party for him, he loves it there! I will make sure I update this thread with my findings semi regularly in order to be of use :D How many guests do you have?

Congratulations!

On the cream tea front-we are having that at The Leopold. Its not advertised in their wedding package, but they said its fine for us to chop and change. Anywhooooo my point is its worth looking at hotel venues too if you struggle/fancy a nosey because they are suprisingly flexible.

We are also having bunting, our own vintage china, table cloths and mismatched champagne glasses!

Also don't know if anyone already said it, but I think its called 'Woodfield' something or other near Malin Bridge, is good for DIY weddings. We fancied it, but they get booked up so far in advance and we didn't want to wait 2years for a Saturday in August!

Wow there's an idea! I didn't really think of barting about packages so to speak-I just assumed they would be rigid! You sound lime you have a very similar day as me in mind. Yeah the Wood Lane CC is lovely-but they had no dates left really next year and the max number of people is 100-rubbish when you've a family the size of mine :D Shame as it was really beautiful!

I can also recommend Wentworth Castle Gardens. We are having our wedding there next summer, and although they have 2 caterers to choose from the one we are using is very flexible. The only downside with a summer wedding and an afternoon tea with some venues is the minimum spend clauses in contracts. But don't discount somewhere you love because of that, if its not a money thing then there may be ways and means of working it our.

Also, bradfield village hall may suit you. They use Hazels caterers, but I spoke with them and was impressed by what they could offer.

Best of luck! I'm loving organising our day, but easy it is not. I have a perfect day in my head, and sometimes I feel it might burst with trying to make it a reality!

Thanks for the ideas :) Bradfield villiage hall was my first choice-we love the Farmer's Markets there and thought we could base our theme on that-but they are all booked up for next year. Definitely a place we will consider if we find we have to get married the year after!

Ha I have THE day in my head too! I'm not big on spending loads of money and I love finding ways to doing things MY way-like making all the bits and bobs myself. Much more personal, but we were talking the other day and conceeded that we could definitely understand why some people book places that do everything for you-much less stressful!

Congratulations! I'm new in these parts too, and feeling really rather overwehlmed by it all, let us know how you get on with preparations and stuff! :-D

Thank you! I'm overwhelmed not by the organising (I have ideas, Andy has organisational skills :hihi: ) but by the fact that I will be a wife! I'm sure it's something every B2B feels. Keep an eye on this thread, I'm sure I will document all the triumphs and traumas every step of the way! :D

congrats litlemermaid hope everything goes to plan

& its not to stressfull for you good luck for your big day :)

Thank you fabc! I hope it does too-I'm pants at planning anything!

Jungle Lion! Sheffield`s foremost SKA Ensemble!

Performing uplifting and powerful ska/reggae classics with a 5 peice brass section, a whole host of Bass riddled rhythm players and the Voice of the Rankin, this show is not to be missed!

Ideal for Private Parties, Weddings and Functions.

Polite warning please make this your last post there is a thread in the stickies on the top of the group where you may have one post to advertise your services, do not spam the group!

What do you mean someone wants to marry you what a loon?? its no big surprise surely, because he couldn't have picked a more lovely person so I know that he is just as happy as you are, and the place of the proposal sounds perfect.

I am so happy for you both

Hey I want an outdoor wedding as well (not that I am going to have a wedding any time soon, I might be pushing my zimma by then), whats going on here? you think that you are being original and then realize that half the world got there before you :hihi:

Thank you Moon :) I'm half kidding but I do think anyone who is willing to spend their life with me has got to be a little bit not right in the head-look at my zoo for example :hihi:

Tell me about the original thing. In Scotland something went PING in my brain and I KNEW I had to have a tea party style wedding breakfast-I love cake, and cucumber sandwiches and chintzy bunting and cups and saucers. Thought I was being at least a bit out of the ordinary until I googled for ideas-it seems to be the new "in" thing :roll: Never mind, it's still very us!

When are you getting married then??! ;)

Indeed, also very happy :)

You have to say that :hihi: I love you and you know how happy you make me too. Good job I'm ill and have the sick bucket on standby already today isn't it? :)

get a scrap book going ripping pages from bridal magazines, photos of something you have seen, ask for little samples from here, there and everywhere. My sister did that and turned out to be organised chaos. You'll be suprised at actually how much you already know what you want but by putting it in one place helps the process.

Genius! This id a brilliant idea for keeping everything in one place-I have to many ideas I'm scared of forgetting something!

Thank you Moon :) I'm half kidding but I do think anyone who is willing to spend their life with me has got to be a little bit not right in the head-look at my zoo for example :hihi:

Tell me about the original thing. In Scotland something went PING in my brain and I KNEW I had to have a tea party style wedding breakfast-I love cake, and cucumber sandwiches and chintzy bunting and cups and saucers. Thought I was being at least a bit out of the ordinary until I googled for ideas-it seems to be the new "in" thing :roll: Never mind, it's still very us!

When are you getting married then??! ;)

Don't know if I am haha, probably never :hihi:

I have 2 scenario's though thought out just in case like :D the first is a big outdoor picnic, really relaxed and where dogs can come and play, kids can have a great time and we can be as silly and loud as we like, I also fancy some music a folk-ish type group perhaps, could also have the ceremony there too...actually I fancy doing this without the wedding haha.

Other one is register office, and then the reception to be a medieval banquet with costumes and entertainment, the first shouldn't cost much the second appears to be owt but cheap :hihi:

Wow some good plans :D I love the idea of a picnic! How chilled out would that be? That's why I didn't want a proper wedding breakfast-the formality is just not me!

Better get hinting to OH that you've got it alllllll planned and under control :D

And news!! WE HAVE FOUND THE VENUE! It's beautiful and they have dates for next year. Need to ring the church and see if we can get a date which suits them and the venue but it's looking very promising! :D :D :D

Oh whoops I wasn't meaning to be vague, can't believe I forgot to put the name of the place :hihi: it's the Old Rectory in Handsworth. Really surprised with how nice it was and veryglad I dragged myself out of my severe sick bed to go and see it on Thursday! Today we are going to attempt to co-ordinate the church with the dates the Rec had available, and then, fingers crossed, we will have a wedding date :o

Oooooh I think we may have booked our wedding last night :o

Finally got in touch with the vicar and have a meeting with him next week-and should he ok it (I can't see why not, he said he had nothing else on on that day, and what kind of things will he want to ask us???) then the day we have on hold at the venue will become our WEDDING DAY :love::clap:

I'm so excited it's untrue-ever since our engagement party on Friday and my first go at dress shopping on Saturday it's become real! I'm going to be someone's WIFE :D :D :D

How exciting!!! The fun part now is planning everything that you want to have happen on the big day.

Has anyone had a beach wedding

or attended one I quite fancy do

something like that either here

or abroad

I have actually been to a wedding in a resort in St Lucia - the setting was stunning and it was very beautiful but after a few days in the resort you realise what a conveyor belt it is - several weddings a day with the same posed photographs on each. I'm sure the people involved enjoyed it but I think I'd want something a bit more unique.