Someone actually wants to marry me!! What a loon!

Just thought I'd share my utter joy at getting engaged last week (on a beautiful Scottish beach-a place I only had to think of to set the tears off even before he asked my to marry him there!) and introduce myself to the group-I'm sure it's going to be an invaluable source of help, amusement and comfort over the coming months!

We would like to get married next summer-but as we are specific about what we want-somewhere with an outdoor space where we can use our own caterers (I have my heart set on a cream tea instead of a formal wedding breakfast), is a relatively blank canvas (I want bunting! I don't care if it's tacky!) and somewhere which will allow our dog to be there (a complete deal breaker!) we may well be looking at the summer after next instead. We've got a couple of viewings set up though, so keep your fingers crossed for us!

Any tips on everything and anything would be hugely appreciated!! I've never done this before :hihi:

Congratulations

Edited by FACEBOOK

Hi, first of all Congratulations!! Exciting news and great times ahead.

Take a look in the Sticky threads at the top of the group, there are lots of suggestions for venues. Take a look at Indiechick's thread. Much of what you seem to want is covered in her thread.

Do keep posting with your thoughts and ideas, we'll be happy to help you.

Is indiechick me in another life?! I want the Our Cow Molly cart too!! And a Bradfield Bar. AND one of the venues we are seriously looking at is Wood Lane CC. :o :o It looks like she's already had the wedding I have planned in my head :hihi:

Thanks for the congratulations-I am stupidly excited. I have lots of thoughts and ideas too-but I'm very very good at being frugal :D And Facebook-I love a bloody good wedding too. Bring me some sort of cream cake and an invite is all yours :hihi:

Hi,

Congratulations!! Kepp me posted on how you get on finding outdoor space. This is exactly what we want to do, but I'm finding it hard to find somewhere that would accomodate our ideas and numbers. Woodland Countryside Club does look beautiful. Did you know you can use Sheffield Parks? Ecclesall Woods have an open space, and also a new indoor centre that can be used for the cicil ceremony. I'm sure your dog would love it there!

Claire xx

Congratulations!

On the cream tea front-we are having that at The Leopold. Its not advertised in their wedding package, but they said its fine for us to chop and change. Anywhooooo my point is its worth looking at hotel venues too if you struggle/fancy a nosey because they are suprisingly flexible.

We are also having bunting, our own vintage china, table cloths and mismatched champagne glasses!

Also don't know if anyone already said it, but I think its called 'Woodfield' something or other near Malin Bridge, is good for DIY weddings. We fancied it, but they get booked up so far in advance and we didn't want to wait 2years for a Saturday in August!

oh maybe I mean the wood lane thing you already mentioned mmmmmm.

I can also recommend Wentworth Castle Gardens. We are having our wedding there next summer, and although they have 2 caterers to choose from the one we are using is very flexible. The only downside with a summer wedding and an afternoon tea with some venues is the minimum spend clauses in contracts. But don't discount somewhere you love because of that, if its not a money thing then there may be ways and means of working it our.

Also, bradfield village hall may suit you. They use Hazels caterers, but I spoke with them and was impressed by what they could offer.

Best of luck! I'm loving organising our day, but easy it is not. I have a perfect day in my head, and sometimes I feel it might burst with trying to make it a reality!

Congratulations! I'm new in these parts too, and feeling really rather overwehlmed by it all, let us know how you get on with preparations and stuff! :-D

congrats litlemermaid hope everything goes to plan

& its not to stressfull for you good luck for your big day :)

What do you mean someone wants to marry you what a loon?? its no big surprise surely, because he couldn't have picked a more lovely person so I know that he is just as happy as you are, and the place of the proposal sounds perfect.

I am so happy for you both :)

Hey I want an outdoor wedding as well (not that I am going to have a wedding any time soon, I might be pushing my zimma by then), whats going on here? you think that you are being original and then realize that half the world got there before you :hihi:

What do you mean someone wants to marry you what a loon?? its no big surprise surely, because he couldn't have picked a more lovely person so I know that he is just as happy as you are, and the place of the proposal sounds perfect.

I am so happy for you both :)

Hey I want an outdoor wedding as well (not that I am going to have a wedding any time soon, I might be pushing my zimma by then), whats going on here? you think that you are being original and then realize that half the world got there before you :hihi:

Indeed, also very happy :)

Not on here very often these days, but been browsing this group for ideas for the last few weeks!