Ladies - Best Night cream for very dry skin?

Those with eczema and other really dry skin conditions are often advised to take 4grams of evening primrose oil daily, which is 4 times the standard dose, but which (in my non-scientific one person test) does seem to reduce my need for emollients over my whole body. I'd recommend it to anybody who has dry skin.

I already take a multi-vit tablet every day. Do you think its safe to take 4 evening Primrose tabs as well?

I use just E45. Its a good price, and works well, some of the more expensive types just give me hay fever, think its the perfume in them.

Thanks, I had extreme eczema during my childhood and am now immune to E45. Thanks anyway though....

One of my sons has eczema on his face, I wouldn't say it is extreme, but it was a problem. I gave him some 'Ojon" cream that I bought from QVC and it immediately cleared his skin, I personally don't use it because of the smell (chocolate!) but it is very good although a little pricey, although I now buy it for my son (and my OH) from ebay.

I shall be trying Johnsons Baby Products, if it's good enough for baby....

I also read eat plenty of cucumber, it moisturises from the inside

Sanctuary Rose Oil for face is very good, £12. Or failing that Clarins Beauty Flashbalm more expensive but works wonders!

A very good night cream is Astral. It is designed to be used as a day cream but my ex used to complain that it was too greasy to be used in the day but said it was an effective & inexpensive night cream (it smelled lovely too)! What's more Joanna Lumley and Patsy Kensit swear by it, apparently!

A very good night cream is Astral. It is designed to be used as a day cream but my ex used to complain that it was too greasy to be used in the day but said it was an effective & inexpensive night cream (it smelled lovely too)! What's more Joanna Lumley and Patsy Kensit swear by it, apparently!

Well who'd have thought it. One of the best recommendations comes from a bloke!

I might just give it a try! Thanks!

Smilley, I do agree with shaz, but you can moisture your face in a very natural and inexenpsive way. I use coffee scrub mask. I take what is left over after having my coffee in the morning, make sure it is quite dry, add about a teaspoon of olive oil, heat it a bit, then I apply it on my face with small circular moves..very gentle. It cleanes my pores and moistures my face in the same time. I leave it in about 15 minutes, then wash it off gently with warm watter. I do look like a monkey for about a quarter of an hour, but I think it's worth. Have a try, you won't be dissapointed!

I'm going to try Johnson's Baby Oil

My mother would only use Pond's Cold Cream

Edited by cressida

Aveeno, also coconut oil(I cook with that also) then...you are what you eat, I Love that Chocolate :love:

Try the one from Aldi. It came out top in a recent poll. I use it and i'm very old , i have no wrinkles and i have very good skin .... :hihi: on a serious note just try it and i'm sure you will continue to use it.

Yes, Aldis face creams are very good. The most expensive creams arent always the best.