Nuisance Phone Calls Am I Alone??

You could always make an appointment for the Rep to call, then ask him personally how he likes his time being wasted. ;)

We're TPS registered too. Doesn't stop our little foreign friends.

This product will stop both unwanted sales calls from either the UK or overseas.

http://www.truecall.co.uk/

If you are thinking of purchashing one, Google for the cheapest price.

never get any of those calls,turned landline off(only use it for internet) use mobiles anyone who means anything to me has my number....:hihi:

I am TPS registered and it has stopped all the 'Are you in debt'? calls but I still get Asian callers asking for the person who lived here three years ago.They tell me they are from some consumer survey place and then ask me a load of questions. Sometimes I play along for a while.

I also get calls every few weeks telling me I have a virus on my computer. I play with them too if I have the time.

More worryingly, I get calls and no one is on the other end, whch I believe is due to random dialling software used by these coboys, gone wrong. I have considered changing my number.

I don't answer any calls that open with a silence after me saying 'Hello' - there's usually a delay in the connection and this gives you chance to put the phone down before any silliness ensues.

Yes, I use that one too.

last time i had the virus call i wound the woman up for a good 20 mins by telling her the comp was upstairs kept having to put the phone down to go and do what she asked lol.

after 20 mins she got the manager on the phone to me who asked me to get paper and pen to wright down his instructions so i spent 10 mins looking for the paper and pen lol (as if) at this point he started asking for a mobile no to call me back on, i told him im poor so only have a landline lol.

after 40 mins i asked him if he had realise i knew he was a con man and i wasnt falling for it, at this point he tried to say they were not from microsoft but another company, i told him there is no point ringing me as i wont fall for it all i am going to do is waist your time and money i have not had a call for 6 months the 1 before that was only a week earlier

I'm told that if you press the hash key whilst they are talking and hold it down, it will wipe your details from their computer. How true it is I don't know, but it's worth a try

We are also TPS registered but we get loads of foreign calls. I either get really mad with them & shout or I let my kids talk/scream down the phone at them! That usually works!

I registered with the TPS about 18 months ago and the calls dwindled to a virtual stop but just lately they seem to be on the increase again. Tried to re register with the TPS but it wouldn't let me and just told me my number was already registered so it seems that it only works for a while. Just have to get downright nasty with the callers again

We get them, mainly at meal times, I am registered with TPS, but they don't cover international calls, of which miner mostly are, it shows up on my phone as INTERNATIONAL, I screamed at them once, and they didn't bother me for months, but they are back now, I mostly don't answer. I also still get WITHHELD numbers as well, which I thought was illegal now, but how do you report them without a number?

I registered with the TPS about 18 months ago and the calls dwindled to a virtual stop but just lately they seem to be on the increase again. Tried to re register with the TPS but it wouldn't let me and just told me my number was already registered so it seems that it only works for a while. Just have to get downright nasty with the callers again

Dave - you will find that they are from outside the UK as reported here a

number of times - TPS cant do anything,neither can BT yet - just put the

phone to one side and waste their money! or engage them in useless chat

just to amuse yourself!!

A while ago we had a caller which came up as 'International out of area'. The last straw was 8 calls in 12 minutes. I called BT and asked if there was anything they could do, but was told no. Their only advice was to switch off the answering machine, so the calls would be unanswered. We did and it works, eventually, but hey come back from time to time, and in the meantime our answering machine is useless.