Origin Broadband

Tried ringing Origin today, 26 August. Start 09:15 no answer by 10:00 so gave up. After listening to the annoying music for the 45 minutes, they look to have bought the "Upbeat Music for Failing Companies" CD. The song about being "optimistic while eyes shut" says so much.

K.

Tried ringing Origin today, 26 August. Start 09:15 no answer by 10:00 so gave up. After listening to the annoying music for the 45 minutes, they look to have bought the "Upbeat Music for Failing Companies" CD. The song about being "optimistic while eyes shut" says so much.

K.

LOL

To be fair, this is not the first company I have had to hang around on hold for an hour or so to contact. The only reason other companies generally manage it is by moving their call centres to India and not getting the volume of calls (customers to call centre staff ratio) that Origin have had to deal with lately.

That said, UK based support is worth little if they only have the same level of knowledge and control as a foreign based call centre would have. For example having to pass everything to another department rather than being able to deal with it right away.

LOL

To be fair, this is not the first company I have had to hang around on hold for an hour or so to contact. The only reason other companies generally manage it is by moving their call centres to India and not getting the volume of calls (customers to call centre staff ratio) that Origin have had to deal with lately

This is the reason a lot of companies use live chat (although not possible if you have no internet!) as operators can handle multiple (around 5) chats at once.

People be the feeling of being connected, but without the need for an instant response. So a few mins delay between messages is acceptable - a bit lie when you have a conversation via SMS.

Origin could easily have reduced the amount of phone traffic with better management. There 0800 bill must be quite large by now!

I do wonder how much longer they will be about, if I was a potential Origin Broadband, Origin Fibre, Origin ADSL, Origin Phone (Just to make sure Google picks up the key words) customer, I would be using my 14 day cooling off period to cancel while I could.

LOL

To be fair, this is not the first company I have had to hang around on hold for an hour or so to contact. The only reason other companies generally manage it is by moving their call centres to India and not getting the volume of calls (customers to call centre staff ratio) that Origin have had to deal with lately.

That said, UK based support is worth little if they only have the same level of knowledge and control as a foreign based call centre would have. For example having to pass everything to another department rather than being able to deal with it right away.

Call queuing varies on a regular basis and doesn't have to be moved to India to keep the answer speed within obtainable figures - every company that provides a service will have different answer speeds. Where I work (All UK based), we work to an answer speed of 30 seconds - not everyone will get answered within that period but the majority will - when providers quote their AAS this is based on the Total Answer Speed/Calls Answered.

You may have the odd call that might take 30 minutes to answer, but the overall answer speed can still be below 30 seconds due to how many calls are taken.

There is a difference between a call centre and support department - call centres will mostly take the calls and vet them to the relevant team/department - based on what you tell them they use this information to pass the call to the appropriate area

the support department will deal with support calls - they will either take the call and deal with it from start to finish if it is within their remit - otherwise after their diagnostics they will pass it onto another department or backline support.

Not everyone has the relevant knowledge to answer every question a customer may ask and thus why you see in various companies different departments and teams - surely you would have seen this when you actually worked for a support desk.

You will have dedicated training department, sales, admin, purchasing, personnel, hardware support, software support, etc, etc

And you should not say that all foreign call centres provide poor service as some are actually very good