Do we need more police patrols in High Green? Why?

whats wrong with having a drink? is he causing harm to others when drunk?

Yes he is.

Is there an Asda in High Green?.

Its in chap but your missing the point.

whats wrong with having a drink? is he causing harm to others when drunk?

smashed bottles for starters where kids play

Its in chap but your missing the point.

I thought the point was police patrols in High Green, now it has spread to Chapletown, if people go out looking all over they will see problems everywhere which seems to be happening on here.

I don't know about 'police presence' as such, but the area definitely needs some help somewhere!

People moan that there's nothing to do, but won't get off their backsides to actually DO anything, there is LOADS going off at different times of the day, for all age groups.

In terms of anti social behaviour, the police don't appear to be able to do a great deal, other than confisticate items, and move people on. The PCSO's do actually have a high presence in the area, as does PC Booth. Not sure what will happen when he retires though, he will be sadly missed!

Its a bit of a catch 22 situation, occasionally people are moved into the area, not by their own choice, therefore they don't care about their property and their neighbours, and sometimes this results in neglect and anti social behaviour. This can then make the neighbours stop caring, as its no longer a 'nice' area, or they move away, leaving an empty property.

Obviously its more prevalent in the council estates, but its not just limited to them.

The new park areas, which took a LOT of effort to get them refurbished were graffiti'd within a few days, before even the workmen had taken the fencing away!

I love this area, I've grown up here, and am very involved with my local community, but it is incredibly depressing to see and hear people describing it in derogatory terms. The village can and should be offering a warm, welcoming and local community, but instead people keep their heads down and themselves to themselves - unless its a fight outside one of the pubs!

I would say that if police have asked you to see if people want them at High Green, they are actually saying "go away and deal with it yourself". Personally I just don't bother with police or council unless I have to. It has all changed. No one cares, there is no pride. Women daren't walk down School Road with local dealer and sons and mates leering at them. Yet they get police protection when their house is attacked. Some nasty incidents with druggies going to their house. But like people say, this is life. UK2011.

smashed bottles for starters where kids play

haha LAD, fair one.

The amount of scrubbers who hang about outside the co-op on Greengate Lane is unbelieveable. An old lass asked me to walk in with her the other night due to the amount of wasters hanging about outside with their cans of special brew and cider bottles. Its a bit much when the old-uns are too scared to pop to the shops for their bits and pieces. There SHOULD be more asbos and curfews with some of these ass-wipes. I never did that as a kid, but these days it seems to be the norm.

There SHOULD be more asbos and curfews with some of these ass-wipes. I never did that as a kid, but these days it seems to be the norm.

Perhaps more Baseball bats would help !

Perhaps more Baseball bats would help !

We would need asbo,s if we went in with a bat, lol..... These freaks dont need bats, they need to get some respect. High Green was a great area 10 years ago, and house prices were high, and council properties were sought after. Not any more. Loads of houses for sale, and loads of council properties empty and trashed. Cant believe it. Some people are just not worth wiping your asre on. Dont give a stuff about where they live, or who they annoy. Total scumbags, and I cant have any sympathy for anyone who treats their area like a doss-house. :rant:

Its not just your area, it seems to be everywhere

Everywhere? I bet very few places in west Sheffield get this. My commiserations to the decent people of High Green. It sounds like you need some vigilantes to explain things to these people or get them shipped out to a shoebox on the M1.

Everywhere? I bet very few places in west Sheffield get this. My commiserations to the decent people of High Green. It sounds like you need some vigilantes to explain things to these people or get them shipped out to a shoebox on the M1.

safe, lets get tooled up and show these punks whos boss!

/grabs bat and mask