Hi all, which pram to buy for a 2 year old !!

Hello guys

I am wanting some advice please on prams.

We are adopting another little girl who will be with us soon, she will be 2!!!!

The big question is WHICH PRAM !!!!! god theres 1000's, and they vary sooooooo much in price, and the other dilema is that both myself and my husband are both 6ft tall

We are looking at a pram that faces both ways so that she get used to us and our faces instead of facing forward as toddlers sometimes are

Quinnys, bugaboos, mamas and papas, own brands, the list is endless

We are also mindful that she will soon be wanting to walk every where, so we dont want to be spending a fortune, ive been on e-bay, amazon, on here, gumtree, preloved, im driving my husband nuts!!!!

Or do we just buy something cheap and cheerful

Where do we start, any advice is welcome

Many thanks

PM back or reply

Don't spend a fortune on a pram (I assume you really mean pushchair/buggy?) for a two year old. As you say, she will probably want to walk a lot of the time anyway! I'm not aware of any for kids that age that face the parents - I think most would rather see where they're going!

If I were you, I would just go to somewhere like Mothercare to see what you like the look of, then try and pick up one cheap (possibly second hand) on the internet!

Good luck (with the pushchair and the adoption!).

totally agree with bluecanary. My little boy is 2 1/2 and hasnt been in a pushchair since before he was 2. Not because he hasnt got one its just he wants to walk. I also have a little girl she is 10months and she wants to see where she is going, so you might end up spending extra money on a buggy that faces both ways that you dont end up facing towards you.

Some of the maclaren strollers have extendable handles so they might be better for you with being tall. I myself have a mamas and papas luna at the moment for my daughter, they also have adjustable handles. I'm only 5ft8 but easy to adjust if im wearing heels.

Good luck finding the right pushchair and I hope everything goes smoothly with the little ones adoption. :)

My daughter was two in June and we very rarely use her buggy now.

I have had silver cross 3d, quinny zapp, chicco lite, mamas n papas joolz, silver cross pop, mamas n papas pulse and an OBABY atlas.

We bought the joolz just before she was 1 so she could face us but she hated it and it was very bulky too.

The atlas has been with us for over a year now and is great only cost about £70 too. I'd def get a lightweight buggy.

She will be walking lots Im presuming so will get used to you holding hands and spending time with her etc.

If you do get a facing you pram get one second hand as in a few months time you will no longer need it.

Agreed - H is 18 months and prefers to walk (though not always practical!)

Our Bebe Confort Hi Trek can face either way, but we bought it (second hand) for its off-road capability (supposedly)

Things we like about it are the variable handle height (me being 5ft and husband 6ft2), flick switch wheel direction lock, drum brakes for hilly walks, and ride quality on woodland walks

Things we don't like are the number of punctures we've had, no park brake, small capacity of luggage rack, difficulty bumping up the house steps and bulkiness in the car

Decide what you need a buggy for, and take it from there. If it's just for longer shopping trips to meadowhell, get a Hauck cheapy which folds up small but has a good luggage rack. We just stick H in and M&S trolley though

Congratulations on the new addition :)

Just agreeing with everyone else..my daughter is 21 months and wants to walk everywhere!we just have a cheap mothercare stroller(£40)

At 2 I would imagine she may well already be out of a pram.

When I do manage to get her in it she likes to see where she is going so I wouldn't recommend a parent facing one.

Hope your new addition settles in well x

Thankyou all for your replies

Its given me some food for thought

Regards Nichola

I would recommend Maclarens - great strollers and you can get them cheap second hand. Mine is still going strong after 6 years and been used by 3 kids!

Dont bother! Get a pair or reins or a wrist strap and encourage her to walk nicely and safely!