Leaving Tea In The Bottom Of The Cup

When I was a lad in the 60s, my mummy used to take me to see my Aunt Jessica. My aunt used to read tea leaves and each time my mummy went, she`d ask for a reading.

She asked her to read my leaves too but I hated tea- not that it mattered because my mumsy-wumsy would FORCE ME TO DRINK IT!!!

According to the leaves I would grow up into a "Drooling fool who ought to be put down like a rabid monkey" (My aunts words) which proves that the power of tea leaves is rubbish and innacurate!!!

Any road up, that was before the invention of tea bags. People used to have tea leaves and a tea pot and a tea strainer and no matter how fine the strainer was, there were always a few leaves left in the bottom of the cup, lurking there, waiting for my tender young cake hole ....UGH, I used to HATE getting a trap full of bloody tea leaves!

So, I learned not to drink all the tea and leave about an inch of it in the bottom of the cup. Decades later and I had switched to coffee and STILL left that inch in the bottom of the cup because of habit and now, a long time later I get told off by my OH (May god and Satan fill her belly button with fire ants) because of it.

She drinks tea and drinks the cup dry, thanks to tea bags and I drink coffee and leave that drop in the bottom.... come to think of it, over the years I must have wasted an Atlantic oceans worth of coffee.

Erm... forgot what the HELL I was gonna ask your opinions on now.... getting old...senile....twisted and perverse.... my GOD , I`m a filthy old man....

Oh yeah! I remember! Do YOU leave tea or coffee in the bottom of your cup/mug/bucket/trough/prostitutes` shoe? Or do you drink the lot? You greedy little monkey.

I leave the last quarter inch in the cup for the exact same reasons as you do- I really don't like the little bits of leaves at the bottom, also learned from drinking leaf tea.

I leave the last quarter inch in the cup for the exact same reasons as you do- I really don't like the little bits of leaves at the bottom, also learned from drinking leaf tea.

I wonder if readers of tea leaves still buy the old fashioned kind...? With the tea strainer and stuff....? OR do they tear the tea bag open and sprinkle it into the cup.... Cant remember the last time I saw a tea strainer being sold anywhere!

If you ever need one and can't find one just let me know- I've got at least half a dozen, and I've got several of those thingummies which take leaf tea in a sort of strainer box allowing you to brew leaf tea in the cup too, for the days when I can't be bothered with teapots :)

Firstly we only use cups in our house when we're trying to impress, I usually leave a little bit of either tea or coffee in the bottom my mug, but I don't know why :huh:

If you ever need one and can't find one just let me know- I've got at least half a dozen, and I've got several of those thingummies which take leaf tea in a sort of strainer box allowing you to brew leaf tea in the cup too, for the days when I can't be bothered with teapots :)

I just had a 1960s flashback! My mother and aunt pouring tea into a saucer then sipping it from there!

I drink it all, just finished a mug of redbush before bedtime!

Firstly we only use cups in our house when we're trying to impress, I usually leave a little bit of either tea or coffee in the bottom my mug, but I don't know why :huh:

When I wish to impress I use my silver bucket! I stole it from a mortuary and it took me hours to get the stink out of it!

You probably leave the bit in the bottom because like many people, you think theres a monster in there, just waiting to go down your throat and eat your spleen.

It could easily happen!

I have just remembered someone dipping bread and butter in their tea, I can't think who it was but I know it wasn't me :gag::gag: Now look what you've done dragging up horrible memories that are best forgotten :gag::gag:

When I was a lad in the 60s, my mummy used to take me to see my Aunt Jessica. My aunt used to read tea leaves and each time my mummy went, she`d ask for a reading.

She asked her to read my leaves too but I hated tea- not that it mattered because my mumsy-wumsy would FORCE ME TO DRINK IT!!!

According to the leaves I would grow up into a "Drooling fool who ought to be put down like a rabid monkey" (My aunts words) which proves that the power of tea leaves is rubbish and innacurate!!!

Any road up, that was before the invention of tea bags. People used to have tea leaves and a tea pot and a tea strainer and no matter how fine the strainer was, there were always a few leaves left in the bottom of the cup, lurking there, waiting for my tender young cake hole ....UGH, I used to HATE getting a trap full of bloody tea leaves!

So, I learned not to drink all the tea and leave about an inch of it in the bottom of the cup. Decades later and I had switched to coffee and STILL left that inch in the bottom of the cup because of habit and now, a long time later I get told off by my OH (May god and Satan fill her belly button with fire ants) because of it.

She drinks tea and drinks the cup dry, thanks to tea bags and I drink coffee and leave that drop in the bottom.... come to think of it, over the years I must have wasted an Atlantic oceans worth of coffee.

Erm... forgot what the HELL I was gonna ask your opinions on now.... getting old...senile....twisted and perverse.... my GOD , I`m a filthy old man....

Oh yeah! I remember! Do YOU leave tea or coffee in the bottom of your cup/mug/bucket/trough/prostitutes` shoe? Or do you drink the lot? You greedy little monkey.

Leave the last drop in the top of the cup and you will be a man my son.

I have just remembered someone dipping bread and butter in their tea, I can't think who it was but I know it wasn't me :gag::gag: Now look what you've done dragging up horrible memories that are best forgotten :gag::gag:

Oh lord my mother used to do that and feed it to me when I was a kid! Id forgotten all about that!

Oh lord my mother used to do that and feed it to me when I was a kid! Id forgotten all about that!

My late ex-bro-in-law used to dip his bread and dripping into his tea. ( :gag: ) my ex fiancé's sister used to "butter" her toast with dripping, and dip that in her (:gag: sweetened :gag: ) tea.

Ugh!