Cheapest places to get viruses removed

Right, i'm gonna drop a disc off later, so i guess someone can then walk Shiesh through this tomorrow.

Thanks for these...nubile is going to drop a disc in to me already loaded with the program so hopefully I'll be able to boot from that and get rid of it...those last couple of links should help me do that.

Appreciate your help thanks :)

The only problem I envisage is if this loads from winlogon by replacing explorer as the shell value (as some sites suggest). Kas may remove the file but may not restore the shell value. Hence when you boot into windows you may be greeted with blank blue screen. That's relatively easy to fix.

We'll deal with that if/when it arises.

Waddler, do you think it's worth me dropping off another disc with various versions of Rkill, Mbam set up and SAs set up. ?

Or won't they be needed. ?

The only problem I envisage is if this loads from winlogon by replacing explorer as the shell value (as some sites suggest). Kas may remove the file but may not restore the shell value. Hence when you boot into windows you may be greeted with blank blue screen. That's relatively easy to fix.

We'll deal with that if/when it arises.

Just to explain a bit more, if the above does happen, you'll see the blank blue screen after windows has loaded, and after the login/welcome screen.

CTRL + ALT + DEL should open TaskManger. From there you will be able to use File > New Task (Run...) to browse folders, open programs etc. From there we can invoke regedit and restore explorer as the shell value.

As I said... if/when

Just uploading video tutorial on how to md5 checksum a downloaded .iso and how to burn to disc using imgburn to my YouTube Channel - in my sig.

Thankyou nubile and how nice to realise our sons played football together a few years ago!! Disc now in and currently updating....fingers crossed!!! :)

:banana::clap::headbang::partyhat:cheers guys...updated..scanned...killed off two trojans...rebooted...Perfick!!! Running a full bullguard scan now but i'm back in and no blue screen!! I appreciate your help and owe you beers ...you've restored my faith in the Sheffield Forum as years ago it was like this but now so much is just mindless drivel and baiting xxx :)

I'd you just like to take this opportunity to thank all those that helped Shiesh to get back up and running. Thanks guys.

In times when people just want to prey on people and rip them off it is nice to know there are genuine people that will go to considerable lengths to help others less fortunate.