Cheapest places to get viruses removed

Don't pay anything. There's no need.

Get a friend with a clean PC and USB Stick to download RKill and Malwarebytes for you.

It's fair enough saying "do it yourself" but you have to keep in mind that not everyone is comfortable with doing it themselves. There are plenty of free programs you can use, but without knowing what you're actually removing, you can never be sure that all the infections are gone just by running a scan with Malwarebytes. It's not that simple. There are often other issues that cannot be solved by a simple scan with a free program, such as a modified hosts file or altered proxy settings. There's also plenty of infections which cannot even be removed by free programs, they have to removed manually instead.

He used to charge £40 an hour - which is what it cost me.

Was he wearing a mask?

Though he obviously can, as if he didn't have alternative internet access, he wouldn't have been able to start the thread. ;)

might have used his 3G mobile to post the thread and thus not be able to download any programs to his phone and port them to his pc..

There is a place inside redtape central called livetech, they will charge about £5 to remove any viruses, the telephone number is 2761151 - ask to speak to livetech

enet computers on london road , they charge around £30

I, along with half the people posting to this thread :D are self-employed PC repair people - and I doubt any of them would charge £70 for virus removal (I certainly don't, and I am mobile, I come to your house)

Seems like no one wants our help m8y lol

I charge fuel and if they are happy with the service if they want to give me more I won't refuse it for the first visit then charge more reasonable after that

Edited by Paul Blade

There is a place inside redtape central called livetech, they will charge about £5 to remove any viruses, the telephone number is 2761151 - ask to speak to livetech

Livetech isn't at Red Tape anymore...it's next to the learning centre in Hillsborough Barracks.

If this person is still struggling then PM - I will do it for a cup of tea and a biscuit. Seriously - I am a Cisco IT student and have already successfully helped quite a few people on SF with IT issues. :)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Post 17 and 20 offering same I also live at top of Stannington and only charge fuel for first trip

We have got a virus on our PC... first one in ages as we have Bullguard antivirus and this normally keeps the nasties away!!

Problem is as soon as the PC boots up the desktop is covered with the 'virus pop-up' which is German?? :confused: You cannot close the window via the mouse or Cntl W ...nothing works...so you can't get behind it to run a virus scan!!

Any help here?? Don't wanna spend money if I can sort it myself by getting the Bullguard scan to run.

:)

We have got a virus on our PC... first one in ages as we have Bullguard antivirus and this normally keeps the nasties away!!

Problem is as soon as the PC boots up the desktop is covered with the 'virus pop-up' which is German?? :confused: You cannot close the window via the mouse or Cntl W ...nothing works...so you can't get behind it to run a virus scan!!

Any help here?? Don't wanna spend money if I can sort it myself by getting the Bullguard scan to run.

:)

Have you tried booting into safe mode?