Exercise classes in chapeltown

Hi little plum and beth 29 - you asked for some info about the class at thorncliffe. The instructor is on forum (shef_fitness as above) but I can tell you some info:

The martial arts place is right at the end of the thorncliffe estate next to la bella brides and across from distinctive doors.

There is a little bit of stuff in pairs but mostly on own. Honestly everyone is so friendly, its not atall macho, infact more women than men. Beth29 I'm sure you would be fine but I'd be happy to meet you down there if it makes you feel any better.

hope that helps! Catherine

when are the classes at thorncliffe ?

x

Hi. what is boxercise like ? on ur own or in pairs?

In answer to the questions

How to find the session

1) Start at the main roundabout in Chapeltown

2) Drive along Station Road (A6135)

3) Turn left onto Thornecliffe Road, and drive under the Railway Bridge

4) Turn left onto Newton Chambers Road

5) Go past the security gate

6) Drive around the main road through the industrial estate and we are at the end of the road (unit 17)

PLease note, there is only one way into this estate, after 6pm, the other entrance is locked off, so you must enter the estate the way I've suggested.

Date and Time

Thursday, 7.40pm start

Atmosphere and other info

This session is my favourite to train of all my sessions, the group is really friendly and the atmosphere is very socialble.

The session is intense, and you will end up sweaty and with a wet t-shirt, however the benefits will make the effort worthwhile.

The majority of the session is done on your own, a small section is done in pairs. The facility is outstanding, and is more than double the size of a church hall or dance studio, is also fully matted and equiped.

Other classes

If Thursday is not convenient, then we have a session on Monday at Paces, this starts at 7pm.

Boxercise is basically circuit training which consist of hitting pads/punch bag,involves skipping,situps press up, exercises with small weights, you can participate on your own or bring who ever,Boxercise is very fun and gives you a good work out at the same time

Fantastic, thanks very much cceeww & Shef_Fitness. I shall be along either this week or next!

In answer to the questions

How to find the session

1) Start at the main roundabout in Chapeltown

2) Drive along Station Road (A6135)

3) Turn left onto Thornecliffe Road, and drive under the Railway Bridge

4) Turn left onto Newton Chambers Road

5) Go past the security gate

6) Drive around the main road through the industrial estate and we are at the end of the road (unit 17)

PLease note, there is only one way into this estate, after 6pm, the other entrance is locked off, so you must enter the estate the way I've suggested.

Date and Time

Thursday, 7.40pm start

Atmosphere and other info

This session is my favourite to train of all my sessions, the group is really friendly and the atmosphere is very socialble.

The session is intense, and you will end up sweaty and with a wet t-shirt, however the benefits will make the effort worthwhile.

The majority of the session is done on your own, a small section is done in pairs. The facility is outstanding, and is more than double the size of a church hall or dance studio, is also fully matted and equiped.

Other classes

If Thursday is not convenient, then we have a session on Monday at Paces, this starts at 7pm.

waht does the class involve?

hi, has any1 been to kickboxercis3 7pm on wednsdays? at thorncliffe.

Hi, if my hubby doesnt play footy thursday nights I will be there. looking forward to it but also nervous!!

is it near the thorncliffe nursery ?

In answer to some questions.

The class involves some circuit training, kicks,knees & punches against the punchbags, a stomach/abs workout, shuttle running and strength and fitness work taken from various martial arts (for example shrimping - commonly used in grappling based martial arts).

Beth - you shouldn't be nervous, the group are a very friendly bunch and will make you feel welcome. Nobody is trying to prove anything, the aim is to leave the session very sweaty, have a good workout and lose the inches in the right places.

We are at unit 17 on the estate next to Bella Brides. YOu have to come to the venue by the route I suggested, if you go the other way the security gate is locked.

Is kickboxercise similar which is tomorrow at 7pm?

Is kickboxercise similar which is tomorrow at 7pm?

I'm at Gleadless tomorrow, so I don't know who runs that session or what they do.