Marks and Spencer shoppers

Trouble is, M+S sell mainly Chinese and Sri Lankan products, their supply chain is 75% Polish staffed. There's not much Britishness at M+S.

A few years ago it was different..............

Yes in the good old days items were sourced from Israel and other parts of the UK

That's ME! That's my sister too! :hihi::love:

My sister and I was in Waitrose the other day for 3 hours. Oh, don't get me started on her, she is worst than me!

Women logic goes something like this:

Who will like fruits and also custard? Oh, the kids may not like the custard. Fruits are better for kids. Is there anything with just fruits in it as a pudding? Oh, I cannot buy cream, cos the little one who is 2 may not take cream. Maybe mashed fruits are better. Let me have a look again. *walks round* This portion says "serves 4" but there are 6 of us. What else can I get? Okay, these ones says serves 4, maybe it is better to get the apple pie instead that serves 6 and then buy a tub of custard.

- kids friendly

- 2 year old can eat

- serves 6 people

- contains fruits

Tick, tick, tick, tick... :love: Pudding goes into basket.

You serve this at home, it gets gobbled up in 5 minutes. Does not get appreciation for being considerate for everybody. Then goes and wash pots whilst sobbing as you do it. Or plotting the evil meal next time you serve one and make the kids eat more veg and fruits even when they do not like it. :D

Would you be so kind as to say which days you take up residency in Waitrose? :gag:

Would you be so kind as to say which days you take up residency in Waitrose? :gag:

:D Saturday. Well, that was a one-off, as sis came up from London, and we took timeout to top up our groceries.

Did you know that Waitrose is VERY competitive in their pricings? Bet you did not know that. I was also looking into my shampoo deals where I was searching for more proteins in the ingredient list. After careful examination, alas, it is Patene Pro-V at approx. average 3GBP per bottle of 500ml ?

She also said that the products here is cheaper than her Waitrose in London near her area. Who would've thought that eh ?? Shopping knowledge gone into memory bank.

My second job is really a marketing analyst. :hihi:

By the way, Waitrose does a good deal for their "dine for two" for tenner. You get a starter + main + side + dessert + wine/choc ! Wow... Better than eating out. We managed to get 3 meals out of that, and then she was visiting a friend and gave away the wine. QED.

:D Saturday. Well, that was a one-off, as sis came up from London, and we took timeout to top up our groceries.

Did you know that Waitrose is VERY competitive in their pricings? Bet you did not know that. I was also looking into my shampoo deals where I was searching for more proteins in the ingredient list. After careful examination, alas, it is Patene Pro-V at approx. average 3GBP per bottle of 500ml ?

She also said that the products here is cheaper than her Waitrose in London near her area. Who would've thought that eh ?? Shopping knowledge gone into memory bank.

My second job is really a marketing analyst. :hihi:

By the way, Waitrose does a good deal for their "dine for two" for tenner. You get a starter + main + side + dessert + wine/choc ! Wow... Better than eating out. We managed to get 3 meals out of that, and then she was visiting a friend and gave away the wine. QED.

I'm a big fan of Waitrose, you're speaking to the converted, other than on Saturdays. :hihi:

I'm a big fan of Waitrose, you're speaking to the converted

I agree. The others aren't just shoppers: they're Marks and Spencer shoppers.

Plus Waitrose car park is free to use. M&S's on Ecclesall Road is metered, I'm told!

I agree. The others aren't just shoppers: they're Marks and Spencer shoppers.

Plus Waitrose car park is free to use. M&S's on Ecclesall Road is metered, I'm told!

Plus I see Jessica Ennis shopping in Waitrose, she is fit in more ways than one. :thumbsup:

I recall telling the Chief Executive Officer of the Sheffield & Ecclesall Co-op that The Arcade was occupying one of the prime retail sites in the city, I think that he considered calling for a green van with two guys wearing white coats. :o

The M&S nearest to me is usually filled with persons of a geriatric age or young mums with pushchairs and noisy toddlers, especially in the cafe area

I mentioned this to one of the staff and she said it was a cross between a rest room or a nursery

It helps to know the right time to venture in

I am thrilled that M&S are opening a store at Crystal Peaks, I will be there often, taking my own sweet time looking at whatever I want for however long I want; care should be taken though because I will be wearing my beige coat which renders me invisible to anyone under 60.