Health & safety in communal areas gone mad !!

Today i received a health & safety in communal areas letter .. As have everbody else who lives in a flat probably....

Informing us we have 1 month to remove potted plant & door mat !! Phoned sheffield council up and they said its a fire hazard .. 3 pot plants up against the window , out side my door, not in any way causing an obstruction to us or anyone else and in pot planters... doormat is a fire hazzard and some one could trip over it ????? CRAZY !!!!!!

Plus i am also breaching my tenancy conditions, but what about all the people who have got cats & dogs and are breaching theirs ??????

Edited by nuttycow13

the rugs out side doors can be a tripping hazard if you are evacuating because of a fire. This info will have come from the fire brigade.

Also, the communal areas are not yours, why do you think you can clutter them up?

Today i received a health & safety in communal areas letter .. As have everbody else who lives in a flat probably....

Informing us we have 1 month to remove potted plant & door mat !! Phoned sheffield council up and they said its a fire hazard .. 3 pot plants up against the window , out side my door, not in any way causing an obstruction to us or anyone else and in pot planters... doormat is a fire hazzard and some one could trip over it ????? CRAZY !!!!!!

Plus i am also breaching my tenancy conditions, but what about all the people who have got cats & dogs and are breaching theirs ??????

Yep i got one a few weeks back of sheffield homes as i live in a block of flats on 2nd floor.

the rugs out side doors can be a tripping hazard if you are evacuating because of a fire. This info will have come from the fire brigade.

Also, the communal areas are not yours, why do you think you can clutter them up?

for your information i don't clutter and i know they don't belong to me !!!!! i keep tidy the communal area where i live. which is more than i can say for some people who live in flats. i garden, pick up litter

i care about where i live and like it looking nice not drab. which is what they will all be looking like soon..