Curry to induce labour

they say if you are past your due date ,eat a hot curry that will make you run for toilet.bearing down on the toilet is suppose to start you of

Did someone mention Curry? hottest one i've had is from Watan curry house and gym which is located in Page Hall, didn't induce labour though....

The 'hot curry' thing doesn't work, well no more than eating anything else that is likely to upset your insides.

I am nearly 41 weeks pregnant and have tried everything - hot food, raspberry tea, sex, walking, blowing up balloons etc I have even been out and cut the grass and done some gardening today!

Nothing is working, I am starting to think I'm just fat, not pregnant!

i have 3 children and with my first 2 it was sex that got things going but my 3rd child was overdue so we tried to get things moving but nothing worked in the end i had to have labour induced has my son was quite happy where he was and had no intention of making an appearance

Does anyone know if its true that a hot curry can help induce labour,or is it an old wives tale.

You've got to take your hat off to the bloke, and it's got to be a bloke, who came up with the concept that a curry and sex can induce labour! The only thing he missed out was beer and football but two out of four isn't bad :D

It never worked for me! People at work said 'having a bit' worked and it did for me lol

i agree worked with all mine, curry didnt do nothing :-)

I once saw david blunket in a take away so it could be true

get very active and frisky with hubby, this may induce labour. but what worked for me was camomile/lavender mixed aromatherapy oils in a nice warm bath, this got me going in labour within hours.

No it's chilli con carne that does the trick. Has to be eye-wateringly hot though.

Nothing worked for my mrs. Hot curries, walking it out, sex, bouncing on the inflatable ball, clary sage oil, in the end the lil man had to be induced at 42 weeks. it was november and it obviously was far too cold to make an appearance. :-)

fresh pineapple works, i know of 3 people it worked with as well as my missus. the midwife also confirmed it but you have to eat 10+ fresh pineapples for it to work :hihi: